Tim Russert

News just in that Tim Russert has died at work

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/13/tim.russert/index.html

I first heard the Special Bulletin on CBS. Looks like Katy either wasn't there or couldn't do it.

Then I switched to NBC and saw that Tom Brokaw was struggling through it.

Charlie Gibson on ABC gave the most informative bio in their report but they were last on the air.

Brokaw is live on MSNBC.

More of the sadder aspects, other than Tim's daughter just graduated, is that Tim just put Big Russ in a home and now Big Russ has outlived Tim.

He was the best at the job with a great down home personality that came across all of the time.

Yep, Tim just seemed to be very natural on television. He sure loved Big Russ - and the rest of his family for that matter.

It's a real shame. I'm watching his tribute now on NBC and tears are forming in my eyes. He identified so well with us and it is going to be a real loss. May he rest in peace and his legacy live on. Deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and viewers around the world.

Russert was a big D operative but when he became a journalist he put that on the back shelf and would grill anyone who came before him equally. I for one will really miss his presence on the news.

Russert certainly seemed like one of the good guys - not only professionally, but personally as well. God bless Tim's wife, children, and Big Russ.

He was a class act and respected by many. While being a Democrat like Adam said, and former staffer to Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynahan and Gov. Mario Cuomo, he had the unique ability to appeal to both sides of the aisle and was a fair but tough interviewer of both Dems and Republicans.

He was a class act and respected by many. While being a Democrat like Adam said, and former staffer to Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynahan and Gov. Mario Cuomo, he had the unique ability to appeal to both sides of the aisle and was a fair but tough interviewer of both Dems and Republicans.

The one trait common to NE Democrats from the time of Russert's tenure was some modicum of respect for those with opposing views.

Sadly, with Tim's passing, we lose another one of the few in broadcast journalism who could balance personal and political, and understood that the Union and the Nation trumped politics.

The one trait common to NE Democrats from the time of Russert's tenure was some modicum of respect for those with opposing views.

Sadly, with Tim's passing, we lose another one of the few in broadcast journalism who could balance personal and political, and understood that the Union and the Nation trumped politics.

Very well said sir. Its sad that the new left is so anti-American and anti-capitalism. Russert was neither and still a loyal Dem. I respect that.

Back