Tiger Cruise and T.O. Performance Charts

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Tiger Cruise Performance Charts

Since there has been some confusion as to what RPM's to run at various altitudes and temperatures for a desired Horse Power (BHP), I thought it would be helpful to those Tiger drivers if you had these. Hope it helps.

OK. Here's the link instead:

http://www.users.uswest.net/~cmarc/tiger_performance.xls

P.S. I did not develop this spreadsheet, so I can't not guarantee the accuracy, but at first glance, it looks OK.

Last edited:
Tiger Cruise Performance Charts

I was able to include the link to the charts in the original post.

That's great, Anthony, thanks! Much better than what I have now. Actually, it looks like it coincides pretty well with the Skyhawk SP chart for power produced. Now I've got a little more to go on. Something tells me we'll see a little better than 118 knots next time I'm in a Tiger. But I gotta admit, it did 118 knots a heck of a lot quieter and on a bunch less gas than the Skyhawk can :)

Joe Williams said:
That's great, Anthony, thanks! Much better than what I have now. Actually, it looks like it coincides pretty well with the Skyhawk SP chart for power produced. Now I've got a little more to go on. Something tells me we'll see a little better than 118 knots next time I'm in a Tiger. But I gotta admit, it did 118 knots a heck of a lot quieter and on a bunch less gas than the Skyhawk can :)

If you use that chart in tandem with your newer Tiger POH, it should give you all the info you need and equal what is presented in my original Grumman Tiger POH. The only thing missing from the chart I posted is Percentage Horseposer for each RPM and altitude setting. Go figure.

Yes, the Tiger is very efficient. At 55% power like you were flying it really sips the gas. I usually use 65% as that's the best balance of speed and fuel burn, but if you want the faster cruise speeds, 75% is fine and a lot of owners fly at this power setting.

Life is Short...Go Fast

Anthony said:
At 55% power like you were flying it really sips the gas. I usually use 65% as that's the best balance of speed and fuel burn, but if you want the faster cruise speeds, 75% is fine and a lot of owners fly at this power setting.

The lower of 25 inches or full throttle and 2,500 RPM.

"More power Scotty!"

Len

Back