Tiedowns at Gaston's?

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
Do they gottem of bring your own?

a few spots have them but you'll need to be there early to get one of those spots. You'll likely need to bring your own.

Mr. Bower,

Save the 8 lbs weight, use mine.

I will bring an extra CLAW set up you can use since I will be picking up my engine on the way home from 3M0. It just wasn't ready in time to make the trip this year.

Just look for the plane that's not there. ;)

FWIW, there are approximately 10-12 permanent tiedown spots @ 3M0. There are plenty of additional parking spaces along the runway.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. I'll plan to do that.

Mr. Bower,

Save weight, use mine.

I will be bring an extra CLAW set up since I will be picking up my engine on the way home from 3M0. It just wasn't ready in time to make the trip this year.

Yep, bring your own. We bring The Claw. It works great but, dang, it's heavy!

That bag IS heavy! I have it strapped under the front seat of my airplane so I can bring more STUFF...:D

Wayne you didnt happen to be at the boliver airport on friday did you? There was a cessna chromed out that looked similar to yours.. That is if yours is a cessna :confused: This one had some red vinyl decals though.

Was just looking at the pic I took and I guess this is much different than the one in your sig :skeptical:
Here it is maybe someone else knows who it is. It was very easy to spot in the sky :D
DSC00067s.jpg

Also this other plane was there and I forgot what they said it was but I was told it was the only one of its kind.
DSC00066s.jpg

Still getting avionics installed, so 'twernt me. That's a 170, but mighty fine example of the breed. Did it have a for sale sign in the window?

Wayne you didnt happen to be at the boliver airport on friday did you? There was a cessna chromed out that looked similar to yours.. That is if yours is a cessna :confused: This one had some red vinyl decals though.

Was just looking at the pic I took and I guess this is much different than the one in your sig :skeptical:
Here it is maybe someone else knows who it is. It was very easy to spot in the sky :D
DSC00067s.jpg

DAMN, that's a beautiful airplane! I want it! :yes:

No it didnt have a forsale sign on it :D I think I seen at osh last year though. I will check through some pics to see if it was the same one.

Steve,

Thanks again for the tiedowns. Saved my bacon. Now I've got to figure out whether we will go to all the same events or if I need to buy a set myself.

Mr. Bower,

Save the 8 lbs weight, use mine.

I will bring an extra CLAW set up you can use since I will be picking up my engine on the way home from 3M0. It just wasn't ready in time to make the trip this year.

FWIW, there are approximately 10-12 permanent tiedown spots @ 3M0. There are plenty of additional parking spaces along the runway.

DSC00067s.jpg

Also this other plane was there and I forgot what they said it was but I was told it was the only one of its kind.
DSC00066s.jpg

Isn't that second one the plane that was restored after something like 70 years? I think it was actually a Boeing, carrying passengers and mail but I could easily be wrong about that.

Make sure to remember your tie-downs for 2010! Although it doesn't get windy often, we can get some pretty gusty winds during storms. There was a gust of 80mph close by on friday. It's first come first serve for the tie-downs up front. We have two sets of tiedowns unfortunately amongst the chaos, we forgot them but for future reference, if anyone needs a set especially if you know you'll be arriving late friday or saturday just remind us before we leave.

Isn't that second one the plane that was restored after something like 70 years? I think it was actually a Boeing, carrying passengers and mail but I could easily be wrong about that.

Nope, that's not it. Fairly similar though!

Both!

Of, course if we go to all the same events I'll need to use my own....ha!

I did forget to collect the $250 deposit when you landed....so you won't be getting that back. :smilewinkgrin:

Steve,

Thanks again for the tiedowns. Saved my bacon. Now I've got to figure out whether we will go to all the same events or if I need to buy a set myself.

Back