Ticket home

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Well, I booked my ticket home

I'll be arriving LAX on January 30th at 6:50pm on China Airlines Flight 8.

Anyone flown China Airlines? At least the flight is broke in 2 legs, 8 3/4 hrs to Taipei then 11 1/2 to LA with a 6 hr layover. Beats being in the tube for 20 hrs straight.

Oh yeah, to add more joy to the situation, she had my phone shut off so I can't even make calls to finish my arrangements or call my friends and she cleared out the joint account (I only had a couple hundred in it to clear the bills as I left. I learned that lesson with my ex wife where after 7 years of operating on a joint account, I couldn't figure out where 1/2 a million dollars went.:mad: I can't believe she made me hate her. I resent being made to feel hate, I truely don't like it, it makes my soul feel black.

What did you work out for getting your belongings shipped home?

Hopefully, the chinese won't put too many shackles on ya while enroute. :)

Henning, it's good to hear you're coming home.

Oh yeah, to add more joy to the situation, she had my phone shut off so I can't even make calls to finish my arrangements or call my friends and she cleared out the joint account (I only had a couple hundred in it to clear the bills as I left. I learned that lesson with my ex wife where after 7 years of operating on a joint account, I couldn't figure out where 1/2 a million dollars went.:mad: I can't believe she made me hate her. I resent being made to feel hate, I truely don't like it, it makes my soul feel black.
Wow. I don't understand how some women can do that to men. Two guys I'm close to are going through the same thing. I'm sorry to hear that your situation is getting to this point.

Well, you may not have much money left, but you have a lot of friends, and you have your integrity and self-respect. Come home to people you can trust and people who like you. Your friends are waiting for you. :)

Welcome home, (almost!)
Earlier this week it was 86 degrees F in Melbourne (Florida that is!!!)
If you need a bed for a night in Atlanta, look us up. PM me for a phone number and we'll hook up.

Hmmm....
China airlines,.
I wonder if they slip to a landing on a crosswind final.
The ol' One Wing Lo Chinese approach.
:)

What did you work out for getting your belongings shipped home?

Hopefully, the chinese won't put too many shackles on ya while enroute. :)

Well, I was finishing working on that when she had my phone shut off so now they can't call back. At least the cable internet is in my name. I guess I'll go with the $1500 bid.

Wow. I don't understand how some women can do that to men. Two guys I'm close to are going through the same thing. I'm sorry to hear that your situation is getting to this point.

Well, you may not have much money left, but you have a lot of friends, and you have your integrity and self-respect. Come home to people you can trust and people who like you. Your friends are waiting for you. :)

She's selfish and evil. All the love in her heart is stagnant and poisoned because she never gives love to make room for fresh love. I told her she needs to get to church and get baptized before she destroys herself and everything around her. I was being nice and thoughtful towards her throughout this and trying to help her, but after this I sent her a direct e-mail spelling out how eveil and black her soul is and I cursed her for making me want to do it. Perhaps that one will sink in.
It makes me sick to do it.:mad: :(

Wow, man. That is really harsh that she did that. I'm not there, and I can't see into your soul, but I'd like to think that maybe you're very angry with her which is different from hate. Anger is an important and healthy part of grieving for the relationship you had and the future you didn't get to have. Accept it, feel it, express it, and don't hate yourself for it.

I think that maybe she did you a favor. She showed you how petty and vindictive she could be and made it easier for you to move on. And it only cost you a couple hundred bucks and some severe inconvenience not having a phone. Go rent a cell phone for a few days, then get on that airplane and never look back.

We're all with you, even though we're not actually with you.

Chris

We're all rooting for you, Henning. Are you taking up the offers of rides across the US?

The last time I told a cold, evil, (insert the most disdainful word you can think of for a female here - rhymes with a way to reach 1st base in baseball) how she wronged me, I finished the tirade with something to the effect of "you are so vile and loathsome that I do not believe Dante could have imagined a punishment fit for you."

Sometimes those notes feel good to write. Sometimes you regret them. I still don't regret writing mine. A change of scenery will be perfect. Especially Florida. Spring break is coming up. Life will be good.

I just want to say good luck. And were all counting on you.

The last time I told a cold, evil, (insert the most disdainful word you can think of for a female here - rhymes with a way to reach 1st base in baseball) how she wronged me, I finished the tirade with something to the effect of "you are so vile and loathsome that I do not believe Dante could have imagined a punishment fit for you."

Sometimes those notes feel good to write. Sometimes you regret them. I still don't regret writing mine. A change of scenery will be perfect. Especially Florida. Spring break is coming up. Life will be good.

I just completed one of those, I hope it wakes her up to how she is as she is in complete denial. I know it's over between us so this is my last chance to wake her up, or she'll never likely change, and without change, she'll never be happy.

Do you have enough money for your travels back? I'd be happy to contribute a little bit to the "Get Henning Home Fund".

I know you didn't come here looking for handouts...but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Yikes. That sux. Sounds like you need to pick better women, or at least ones who won't pick YOUR pocket. :eek:

Good luck on the trip home. Hopefully your email to her vented everything.

Anyone flown China Airlines?

These guys tried
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_611

And some more
http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/taiwan.htm

Could not resist a jab to China Airlines

Of course my favorite China Airlines accident was the flight 605 where a 747-400 overran the runway and ended up in the bay. It was a brand new plane and I got to see the plane laying in the bay a few days after the accident.
0:27 P2 Autobrakes Don't have... OH! Sir Reverse. CAM (Clicking Sound) P2 OH! No! OH! No! OH! No! OH! No! CAM (Sound of engine increase) CAM (Sound of engines decrease) P1 Why...... CAM (Clicking Sound) 0:06 P2 This Time, I Why Then....... (Panicky Tone) CAM (Sound of Splash)

Yikes. That sux. Sounds like you need to pick better women, or at least ones who won't pick YOUR pocket. :eek:

Good luck on the trip home. Hopefully your email to her vented everything.

Yeah, my ability to pick women has historically been pretty attrocious. Oh well, It's kind of like the horse track. You only need to pick one winner to pay off a day of bad bets.

My letter did me no good, it gave me no pleasure whatsoever, the opposite in fact. Hopefully it will cause her to look inside herself and change, because if she doesn't, she'll never be happy at best, and she'll self destruct at worst. She was suicidal when I met her, and perhaps I made a mistake by being supportive of her. Perhaps it would have been best if I let her work it out then.

OTOH, Her mother emailed me and I let her have my opinion of that psychopathic manipulative wench, THAT made me feel good. She was a person who should have never had children.

Yeah, my ability to pick women has historically been pretty attrocious. Oh well, It's kind of like the horse track. You only need to pick one winner to pay off a day of bad bets.

My letter did me no good, it gave me no pleasure whatsoever, the opposite in fact. Hopefully it will cause her to look inside herself and change, because if she doesn't, she'll never be happy at best, and she'll self destruct at worst. She was suicidal when I met her, and perhaps I made a mistake by being supportive of her. Perhaps it would have been best if I let her work it out then.

OTOH, Her mother emailed me and I let her have my opinion of that psychopathic manipulative wench, THAT made me feel good. She was a person who should have never had children.

You know consider yourself lucky that you are away from her and some other poor schmuck will be stuck with her for awhile.

These guys tried
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_611

And some more
http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/taiwan.htm

Could not resist a jab to China Airlines

Of course my favorite China Airlines accident was the flight 605 where a 747-400 overran the runway and ended up in the bay. It was a brand new plane and I got to see the plane laying in the bay a few days after the accident.

Yeah, that's same same for most everyone but Quantas (couldn't afford to fly them). I was wondering more about the cabin comfort. I pre reserved an wing exit row for the flight to Taipei, but couldn't for the trans pac leg. I guess with a 6 hr layover I might manage to get in early enough to make my request.

Do you have enough money for your travels back? I'd be happy to contribute a little bit to the "Get Henning Home Fund".

I know you didn't come here looking for handouts...but I'd be happy to help if I can.

Thanks for the offer.

Henning, I know your probably miserable but let me give you a tid bit of advice from my experience:

1) You aboslutly need to vent. Keeping Anger pent up can destroy you!

2) The Best and I mean Best revenge is Sucess and happieness!!! If you are happy and successful you are impenatrable to her poison. It may not seem that way now but beleive me my friend its true. I hope we on this board can help you find your way to that place!

Ok that was 2 tid bits but you get the point

Be Well !

You know consider yourself lucky that you are away from her and some other poor schmuck will be stuck with her for awhile.

As f--king much of an idiot as it makes me sound like, I'm worried for her. I'll be ok, not sure about her.

Henning, I know your probably miserable but let me give you a tid bit of advice from my experience:

1) You aboslutly need to vent. Keeping Anger pent up can destroy you!

2) The Best and I mean Best revenge is Sucess and happieness!!! If you are happy and successful you are impenatrable to her poison. It may not seem that way now but beleive me my friend its true. I hope we on this board can help you find your way to that place!

Ok that was 2 tid bits but you get the point

Be Well !

Point one was the reason we went to counselling, I have no problem venting. I get mad, I tell (might even shout)her I'm angry and why, and I let it go and I'm not angry any more. She couldn't handle that, she thought I shouldn't get mad (this from someone who holds it all in for months at a time and then goes on destructive violent rampages) I told her that anger is normal. She didn't believe me. So we went to the counsellor, and the counsellor told her the same thing. Well guess what, "She's (the counsellor) wrong."...sigh.

Oh, I know I'm impenatrable to her poison. My concern is that it's killing her.

At least you are coming back to the states. I'll see you at Gastons on June 8th.

Yeah, that's same same for most everyone but Quantas (couldn't afford to fly them). I was wondering more about the cabin comfort. I pre reserved an wing exit row for the flight to Taipei, but couldn't for the trans pac leg. I guess with a 6 hr layover I might manage to get in early enough to make my request.

Ah, Henning. Glad you're coming home, and even the occasionally-spotty record of the Chinese still leaves you safer than the drive to the airport (or, for that matter, the snack you buy at the LAX food court!). But you knew that.

But don't give Qantas a free ride; they are a fine carrier, and they love their legend of flawlessness, but we should not get all of our airline safety information from Dustin Hoffman playing an autistic savant ("Rainman").

See, e.g., this: http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/1999/AAIR/pdf/aair199904538_001.pdf

Qantas repaired the 747 even though the cost of repair was well inexcess of the cost of replacement, so that they could claim no airframe write-offs in the jet era (probably a good business decision, but still...).

Looks like the ATSB did a very thorough report, and the photographs do a good job of doing away with that "no accidents" myth for Qantas.

===

Be safe, and let us all know how / where / when. Your winged (and slightly dingy) family await.

I just completed one of those, I hope it wakes her up to how she is as she is in complete denial. I know it's over between us so this is my last chance to wake her up, or she'll never likely change, and without change, she'll never be happy.

Hmmm, Henning: You didn't happen to hook up with my former wife, did you?
Her Majesty lives in Lauderdale Lakes, she has thousands of sea miles under her feet -- yachts of various sizes --; was a sail-maker for Hard Sails(their slogan was, "Sail with a Hard on"), and I wasn't the first husband she up-and-left. The scenario fits.
Best wishes, and welcome back to the states.

HR

But don't give Qantas a free ride; they are a fine carrier, and they love their legend of flawlessness, but we should not get all of our airline safety information from Dustin Hoffman playing an autistic savant ("Rainman").

Thanks. Oh I know Quantas's real record. They nearly piled a plane into a hillside about a year ago holding at the wrong waypoint outside of Sydney. Lucked out on that on they figure by a couple hundred feet, that ain't much for big iron in IMC. "What's that wombat doing up here in the clouds?"

Anyone flown China Airlines? At least the flight is broke in 2 legs, 8 3/4 hrs to Taipei then 11 1/2 to LA with a 6 hr layover. Beats being in the tube for 20 hrs straight.

China airlines. Is that the one where folks put live chickens in the overhead bins? :eek:

As for the other stuff, I hate seeing folks get treated that way. The split from my ex was pretty amicable, compared to some of the other stuff I see. Henning, good luck and god speed returning to the States.

China airlines. Is that the one where folks put live chickens in the overhead bins? :eek:

That was Garuda, really, saw it first hand on a domestic flight from Surabayu to Jakata. On Air China (Different than China Air) there were flights with SRO and fist fights to get on board.

Last edited:
That waw Garuda, really, saw it first hand on a domestic flight from Surabayu to Jakata. On Air China (Different than China Air) there were flights with SRO and fist fights to get on board.

I saw a fist fight break out at the gate for an Indian Airlines flight in New Delhi. My translator said "You see Andrew, this is why we don't fly Indian Airlines".

Cheers,

-Andrew

Henning, finally go rid of?

Attachments

• Rosie.jpg
    Rosie.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 47
Back