Thunderstorms in Louisiana Wednesday afternoon/evening?

scottd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scottd

Last edited:
Scott, these are absolutely fascinating, and I salute you for sharing.

For what it's worth, when I am flying along the gulf coast, I always plan to be destinated by noon or one; there's always boomy icky stuff.

Great. I have to fly right through that area tomorrow afternoon.:eek:

Scott, thanks for your insight. These posts are great.

Lance: Have fun... tomorrow's looking like I'll have to play around with some as well.

Scott, let me give you an official thank you too.
The lower chart in Scott's above post is why I just love to leave Gastons for Atlanta area at about noon. :yikes:

Thanks Lance. I appreciate the kind words! Folks here are more appreciative than what you might get on the red board. Speaking of the red board, I'm getting chills down my spine right now (like that feeiling you get when someone runs their fingernails down a chalkboard) reading a thread that's attempting to educate folks on how to read the Skew-T diagram.

Some HUGE nonsense being thrown around in that thread...that's the most civil way I can describe it. :mad2:

Scott, I also thank you.

As for the Red Board, there are a lot of people that seem to know chemistry, thermodynamics, law, medicine, physiology, and meteorology there:rolleyes2:

I don't know where they learned...much of it seems to be very much at odds with what I learned although, like you, I'm in expert in one of those areas (not the same area as expertise as you, just to be clear).

Scott, you know how I feel when I hear ads on the radio for "self-help legal document" services, for things like incorporating and the like. They go on and on about how much money you'll save by getting legal documents without paying those high legal bills, which begs the whole question: "Which do I need, and why?"

Back