Thunderbirds aerobatics animation

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
The Chicago Tribune put up some flash animations explaining some of the Thunderbird's maneuvers and a set showing the F-16. They're fairly rudimentary. I dunno if you have to register to see this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...f00,1,3126352.flash?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl

I watched and heard them doing practice over downtown yesterday. I wondered why the Blue Angels were flying so high. Now I know. It wasn't the Blues. :rolleyes:

As you know MAYOR DALEY'S Chicago Air and Water show is always a huge annual event because Chicago knows how much duh mare loves aviation.

Last edited:
It WAS the Blue Angels I saw. I was wondering how the jets could have looked so dark to me. They just said it will be the Blue Angels in the show this weekend.

The Tribune must have figured one was good as the other. Or they just recycled the old graphics.

Click on "Reflection Pass" and tell me... how do they DO that? There is no way they can see each other at all. Does one guy fly at 1000' and the other guy flies at 980'? There's no way I can see how they can pull this off... altimeters aren't that accurate. Or, is the upside down guy using his radar altimeter (bouncing off the plane over him) to maintain vertical separation?

Troy Whistman said:
Click on "Reflection Pass" and tell me... how do they DO that? There is no way they can see each other at all. Does one guy fly at 1000' and the other guy flies at 980'? There's no way I can see how they can pull this off... altimeters aren't that accurate. Or, is the upside down guy using his radar altimeter (bouncing off the plane over him) to maintain vertical separation?

They cut a hole in the floor of one jet...

Here's a Blue Angle's ringtone link that could be fun with the phone turned up on highest volume: http://www.freeringtoneoffer.com/h/index.php?sid=100025758gm&hid=Blue%20Angels%20

mikea said:
The Tribune must have figured one was good as the other. Or they just recycled the old graphics.

One of the local TV stations broadcast a news story last week about the Air & Water show, with the ditzy reporter advising that "the Blue Angels are in town" while showing a video clip of the Thunderbirds. Duh ........

Dave Krall CFII said:
They cut a hole in the floor of one jet...

Here's a Blue Angle's ringtone link that could be fun with the phone turned up on highest volume: http://www.freeringtoneoffer.com/h/index.php?sid=100025758gm&hid=Blue%20Angels%20
After entering your password, you will be subscribed to Thumbplay and charged $9.99 each month on your cellular phone bill for 10 credits each month. Monthly credits expire at the end of each month and may not be rolled over into the following month.

Who was it who just posted that you can never unsubscribe from these "services?"

Ain't no such thing as free, folks.

EHITCH said:
One of the local TV stations broadcast a news story last week about the Air & Water show, with the ditzy reporter advising that "the Blue Angels are in town" while showing a video clip of the Thunderbirds. Duh ........
Doncha just love it when they do that. I see and hear sooo many mistakes from our local media. And we have three major Naval installations here! :rolleyes:

Back