Thunderbirds 2013

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Due to budget cuts, here is a sneak peek at your new Thunderbirds 2013.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 122
Those demo teams do have some risk. I wonder what the odds are of dying in a Thunderbird/Blue Angels flight.

Those demo teams do have some risk. I wonder what the odds are of dying in a Thunderbird/Blue Angels flight.

I think statistically, pretty low. Just like in the rest of military aviation, things that may seem extremely risky to the public, can often be actually quite routine and safe given the proper amount of practice, experience, proficiency, and by adhering to task-specific training rules. That is how we (not the Blues, just generally mil aviation) mitigate the risks of things like 20 jets all fighting each other in the same range/piece of sky......or flying around at night on NVG's doing really dynamic flying......or doing night strafes in the mountains at low altitude.....or landing at the boat in bad weather at night....etc etc etc. It isn't just magic, or superhuman skill that allows us to do those things generally safely. It is controlling the risks with good procedures, and sticking to the rules that are designed to keep you alive. I'm sure it is no different at all in any of the demo teams.

And the guys in the trailer flying the demo will all get DFC's.

Cheers

Here is the thing, I wouldn't mind seeing that,

But not as a replacement to the manned demo

Back