Thumbs Up for Sarasota Avionics

Pinecone

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pinecone
I was just at Sarasota Avionics at their Sarasota location. Great service, nice people.

I went to have my GTN650 upgraded to a GTN650Xi. They did this for the difference in price/value, so I did not have to float the 13 AMU cost of a new 650Xi and then have to try to sell the 650.

I arrived on Thursday evening. They put the plane in their hangar overnight to work on first thing in the morning

They quoted 3 hours, but were done in 1.5. They even contacted Garmin to switch the unit info for my data subscription to the new 650Xi.

When I arrived, I asked about a couple of small squawks with my KAP-150/KAS-297B autopilot. The light for the ALT function had burned out, and the KAS-297B was permanently in Dim mode. I had been quoted about 1 AMU for the ALT light and 0.4 AMU for the KAS photocell. Plus remove, ship, ship back reinstall.

Sarasota did the work for just over 0.5 AMU, including the remove and reinstall. And did it same day (quote for other shop was for 7 - 10 days). Larry at that location worked for King in the 70s and 80s.

As for the personal service, one of the guys gave me a ride to my hotel (not that far). And the next day, they lent me a car to go grab some lunch.

The other fun thing was, there were 3 other Mooneys in for work. All Js.

I bought my Insight G2 from them. Best price around and great service.

That Xi trade in deal looks pretty attractive. Been thinking about doing that myself. Glad to hear it went well.

Glad to hear that, I have been thinking of a gtn750 to do upgrade for a year now.

Talked to them a bit at Oshkosh, they had a beautiful Aztec. Seems like great people

I often get work done at Sarasota Avionic’s shop in PGD (Punta Gorda FL) always done great work.

In particular with avionics I’ve found it’s a case of “do it right, or do it twice” and Sarasota Avionics folks always seem to get it done right.

They were in the eye of the hurricane (Ian) back in Sept, hope everyone at their PGD shop is okay.

I had my 430W refurbished (which raises the question, when it was originally made, was it "furbished"?). It was done by G, but has to go through a dealer. SA was the dealer, and everything went smootly.

Good to hear. It is very hard to run a good business. Those who get it right deserve kudos and more customers.

The expansion they have done lately ,means that must be doing something right.

Back