Three strike rule

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Three strikes, I'm out?

Have tried to fly three times this week (for currency). First time, got a > 200 drop on the L mag, couldn't get it to clear with leaning, took the plane back. Two days later, went out and had the audio panel problem (at an airport busy enough where I want radios working).

Rescheduled for o-dark-thirty this morning--figured I might as well get my night currency reset at the same time, and not interfere with work, plus it's FINALLY comfortable temps here in Texas!

So I got up at 4:15, and went to the airport... here's what I found: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

attachment.php

A little frustrated that they left me with nearly empty tanks, as now I need to stop and fuel up before heading over to nearby Alliance airport (trying to get my 3 stop and goes in before 6:08 AM, 1 hour before sunrise, and it's 5:30 now).

Go over and ground the airplane:

attachment.php

Go to select '100LL, 40 gallons', and find this:

attachment.php

Which caused me to then notice this new sign that wasn't there last month:

attachment.php

Considered (briefly) flying over to Alliance (5 minutes, tops) and getting fuel there, but I know their FBO doesn't open til 6am... so had to scrub my third flight this week.

Just venting! Can't believe the FBO stages the plane in a locked hangar and gives me the code so I can do a before-they-open flight, but puts it in there with nearly empty tanks... :confused:

Attachments

• nightflight-1.jpg
    nightflight-1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 150
  • nightflight-2.jpg
    nightflight-2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 153
  • nightflight-3.jpg
    nightflight-3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 151
  • nightflight-4.jpg
    nightflight-4.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 149
You are sounding more and more like a ready-to-go candidate for aircraft ownership. :) :) :)

It's this kind of BS and people beating up the rental aircraft that eventually drive one to do it. ;) ;) ;) Just like rental cars...

You are sounding more and more like a ready-to-go candidate for aircraft ownership. :) :) :)

It's this kind of BS and people beating up the rental aircraft that eventually drive one to do it. ;) ;) ;) Just like rental cars...
Exactly. It was stuff like what the OP experienced that made me go out and buy a plane.

It's exactly why I'm building one!

Correction: building TWO.

Last edited:
An RV???

Just wondering if you are practicing overhead breaks if you are? :D:D:D

I'd started an RV-7, then sold the empennage after I got it done. Want more of a building experience than just "mate, drill, debur, prime, assemble."

Now I'm scratch-building a metal airplane and a wood airplane.

One of these:

BobsPatrol.jpg

And one of these (yes, with a radial engine):

10-8HatzClassic.jpg

Somehow I get the sense you're trying to out do many of us on the fun quotient. :thumbsup:

I've never "had" to do flights for currency. You own an airplane, you fly constantly. You have to.

An RV???

Just wondering if you are practicing overhead breaks if you are? :D:D:D

I was considering an RV (in my spare time, of course):rolleyes::rolleyes: 'till I read the thread about how bad the drivers are, and decided I didn't want to be lumped in.:rofl:

Did they ever say why the self service pumps have time limits and are not operational 24 hours a day?

Did they NOTAM the fuel operations limitation? (and you missed it n the NOTAM check?)
If I was planning on them for a late X-C fuel stop, I would have been more than ****ed at the FBO/Airport Manager.

Time to have a heart to heart with the flight school owner.

Did they ever say why the self service pumps have time limits and are not operational 24 hours a day?

Did they NOTAM the fuel operations limitation? (and you missed it n the NOTAM check?)
If I was planning on them for a late X-C fuel stop, I would have been more than ****ed at the FBO/Airport Manager.

Time to have a heart to heart with the flight school owner.

I did check NOTAMS and did a full CSC DUATS briefing. No notations except for a NOTAM barring banner tow ops from 52F unless prior permission was obtained. Not sure why the restriction was put in place, though I know the hours specified correspond to the fuel lady's office hours.

The fuel operation is not associated with the FBO, though I am very surprised I was not contacted with either an apology/explanation nor to reschedule... Despite both an email with the same pictures shown above and a written comment on the dispatch form in the plane.

This is out of character with my typical experience at this particular FBO, though I have noticed a decreasing level of communication effectiveness as of late.

Back