Three Cubs in a day

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Today was fun. Took a fellow up in our Cub for a discovery flight this morning, then went to Burnet with a customer for the airport's 50th anniversary and so he could see an example of an airplane he is interested in. I got to fly in a Carbon Cub and a Super Cub while I was there and had a blast. It was interesting to compare how they felt having flown all three in the same day. Our Cub is a 65hp stocker from 1946 and it's a good honest bird. The Carbon Cub was simply amazing in all that it could do, and the Super Cub is definitely a good aircraft. It was the heaviest on the controls of the three. I'd take any of 'em...

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

Ryan

Why "Experimental" on what looks to be the Carbon Cub?
I thought they were factory built LSA.

Or was this a great example of a cub kit?

Why "Experimental" on what looks to be the Carbon Cub?
I thought they were factory built LSA.

Or was this a great example of a cub kit?
If you want the really nice setups, you are likely to want to go ELSA so you can put all of the fancy toys in the cockpit. This one was ALL glass!

Ryan

blasphemy. Even a "ball" is too much.
Hey, I fly a Cub without a ball, too, and probably more than most, but I'm going to tell you that in some situations this would be VERY nice to have. I'm thinking that in some of the rugged areas this would be very nice instrumentation to have.

Ryan

If it's S-LSA then the airplane is limited to a maximum empty weight of 900 lb. If E-LSA that limit does not apply. That's a big help if one wants options such as the heavier bush tires. Many of them are ordered from the factory as E-LSA, or an S-LSA can be switched over with some paperwork.

Last edited:
Back