Thoughts on this aircraft

If anybody buys it, I have a pre-cut six-pack CAD-designed left panel that will fit.

OMG, that horrid panel brings back memories. I would be throwing that crap out the window like bread crumbs to mark the route of first flight. The damage history seems a bit confusing. A couple C notes to Tom and then we'll settle a price...$25-29K.

Why doesn't it have a 3 blade?

$35k seems about right.

interesting that the eBay seller says that he was unaware the plane had a gear-up landing, until somebody who saw the auction told him

Just typing the tail number into report.myairplane.com generates the incident report, which says that the gear retracted partially upon landing and the aircraft slid to a stop. It also says the problem was apparently due to low hydraulic fluid.

The panel change is easy. Many of the older ones have had gear failures. Mine did. None of them had 3-blades. But if you want to go slower an STC might be available.

OMG, that horrid panel brings back memories. I would be throwing that crap out the window like bread crumbs to mark the route of first flight. The damage history seems a bit confusing. A couple C notes to Tom and then we'll settle a price...$25-29K.

Why doesn't it have a 3 blade?

interesting that the eBay seller says that he was unaware the plane had a gear-up landing, until somebody who saw the auction told him

Just typing the tail number into report.myairplane.com generates the incident report, which says that the gear retracted partially upon landing and the aircraft slid to a stop. It also says the problem was apparently due to low hydraulic fluid.

Its not uncommon that owners don't know the history of their aircraft. Some don't know there are outstanding leans on there aircraft.

Any one believe that a new presolo student could learn to fly in this aircraft?

Any one believe that a new presolo student could learn to fly in this aircraft?
There is a member on the forum who joined just recently, who bought a new Comanche before he had Private done, at about 20 hours. He continued his training in his own airplane and apparently is flying it even now. The simpler days, sure, but still.
-- Pete

Back