This Thursday morning KMSN

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
I'm going to go have eggs benedict at The Jet Room Thursday morning. Should be there around 10 or so. I know it's unlikely being a week day, but if anyone is free, I'd be happy for the company.

I wish I could make it. I’m slammed into mid-next week.

You have good taste, @Jim K - I wish I could join, and I’d order the same thing. A visit to the Jet Room is overdue for me.

- Martin

You have good taste, @Jim K - I wish I could join, and I’d order the same thing. A visit to the Jet Room is overdue for me.

- Martin
I discovered an affinity for the dish last winter, and I've heard you rave about their version, so it's been on my list for a while. I go out of my way to stop there for the burgers though, so if it's as good as you say it's going to be a real problem. I wonder if I could talk them into a burger with an egg, canadian bacon and hollandaise on it....

I've heard you rave about their version
Oh yes - it’s still my favorite place for eggs Benedict, though I’ve gotten pretty good at making them myself at home, too.

The return of my Bonanza is imminent (as in “count the days on one hand”), after ten months of waiting for the avionics upgrade. I’ll be back in Madison soon to get my Eggs Benedict fix. I hope you’ll enjoy yours today.

- Martin

Tasty. Not quite as good as my homemade. $19.41 though.... ouch.

IMG_20221110_110406723.jpg

Oh yes - it’s still my favorite place for eggs Benedict, though I’ve gotten pretty good at making them myself at home, too.

The return of my Bonanza is imminent (as in “count the days on one hand”), after ten months of waiting for the avionics upgrade. I’ll be back in Madison soon to get my Eggs Benedict fix. I hope you’ll enjoy yours today.

- Martin
I didn't realize it had been that long. I'm sure you're anxious to get her back.

I'm more of an omlette kind of guy, and admittedly have never tried eggs benedict, but that looks delicious.... might have to try it out this weekend. Not in Madison though...

I'm more of an omlette kind of guy, and admittedly have never tried eggs benedict, but that looks delicious.... might have to try it out this weekend. Not in Madison though...
If you like butter, you'll be a fan.

Flame suit on... I think Bessie's (KJVL) does better Eggs Benedict.
Well now I have to go back to Wisconsin.

Environment wise I like Pilot Pete’s better, also I like to go in the evening usually. I could potentially make a 1pm one day in the future.

Well now I have to go back to Wisconsin.
December Midwest PoA destination? I'm booked solid until 2 December. But after then, I may show up in a twin!

December Midwest PoA destination? I'm booked solid until 2 December. But after then, I may show up in a twin!
Sounds legit to me. I was thinking about what to do about November, but if you're busy and @masloki & @NealRomeoGolf are in the shop... that's most of the group.

Assuming I don't fail miserably, I would definitely be feeling generous and pick folks up... in a twin! (maybe)

I’d love to have made it, but something came up.
76E8A43A-F1DA-420E-99C1-AAA289A99008.png

Just caught this thread. Yeah, Bessie’s does Bennies better imho. And bloody Mary’s and mimosas for the right/back seaters unlike Jet Room’s dry times. Jet Room is solid though.

@kaiser Giterdone! I need a ride for the next month or so. Shop said they’ve knocked one item off my dozen item (very specific) list. So, that’s good at least.

@kaiser Giterdone! I need a ride for the next month or so. Shop said they’ve knocked one item off my dozen item (very specific) list. So, that’s good at least.
Wednesday the 16th!

Well, if he is taking the ride out of DPA not too likely
KDPA 161950Z 30006KT 2 1/2SM -SN BR BKN008 BKN013 OVC026 01/00 A3005 RMK AO2 SLP184 P0000 T00110000

Just caught this thread. Yeah, Bessie’s does Bennies better imho.
I'll be at Bessie's around 11AM today (Wednesday) and do the comparison myself - I had the Jet Room Eggs Benedict on Sunday, so I'll have a fresh reference point for comparison.

Any POA'ers who want to join - come on over to Janesville!

- Martin

I'll be at Bessie's around 11AM today (Wednesday) and do the comparison myself - I had the Jet Room Eggs Benedict on Sunday, so I'll have a fresh reference point for comparison.

Any POA'ers who want to join - come on over to Janesville!

- Martin
It's a good thing you didn't post this until after I went to work or I'd be flying up there for $300 eggs bennie. Enjoy, and let us know your verdict!

let us know your verdict!
They are both really, really good. In my opinion, Bessie's wins on the Hollandaise sauce. But then I like the thin-sliced ham at the Jet Room better. Maybe the solution is to fly to Madison first, scrape the ham off of their Eggs Benedict and use it to do a minor alteration on Bessie's Eggs Benedict after flying she short hop to Janesville.

First world problems... ;)

- Martin

upload_2022-11-23_22-53-29.png

OMG! The first time I had access to a plane, could sneak away from work AND it was CAVU!!!

I have a head cold and didn't see this until tonight. Went up for some recurrency on a similarly beautiful day yesterday and it was a mistake with the sinuses. I couldn't risk that today anyway (the pressure headache yesterday was pretty intense).

I flew this summer there and had some awesome burgers there. It was well worth the $500 burger!

c766dbac9d4c2f58c0889593cddc2619.jpg

I've never made Eggs Benedict before. This thread inspired me to do so this morning. Not bad for a 1st attempt.

I've never made Eggs Benedict before. This thread inspired me to do so this morning. Not bad for a 1st attempt.
It's not that hard, but it is time consuming. Id be inclined to do it at home, but my wife would rather have plain eggs, and the kids are completely uninterested. I'm not going to go to that trouble for just myself, so I'd like to find a place that can make them as good as homemade.

So I have a new leader for best eggs Benny, unfortunately it's four hours from home. NOLA consistently has the best food I've experienced.

IMG_20240112_092801860.jpg

have you had breakfast in the myrtle beach area? maybe it's a slightly different kind of breakfast (more of a "hungover at the beach" kind than a "stick your pinky out while drinking your earl grey tea while dining on some fine eggs benedict" type) but most places on the coast have fantastic breakfast.

So... where was my invite to the breakfast fly-in?

Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding better Eggs Benny* than Bessies.

*I was just scolded for calling it "benny", but I'm pretty sure I saw it noted in the FAR/AIM

I think the wife and I were in that same restaurant last May for breakfast, but at the bar. One of us drunk too many mimosas; I don’t care for them.

Back