This Plane Stings

Piloto

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Piloto
I occasionaly fly long distance flights FXE-TJIG (5+ hours) on my M20J with my family. Because the flight is over water and the Bahamas is impractical to make stops due to Customs hassle. On occasions I get comments like:

How much more of this torture.

Why don't you get a real airplane with toilet.

You told me four hours and is already 4+ hours, lier.

I can not stand up.

You better get me those expensive boots that I want.

I don't want to do it in a bag!!

Can we stop at McDonalds.

I already saw the movie do you have other DVDs

I am tired of Brazil 66 and the Tijuana Brass CDs. Don't you have other CDs

Are we there yet or are we lost?

Skipper (beagle dog) did a big one on the baggage carpet.

Grandma leak on the new seat again. She forgot the diapers, I told you.

This plane stings, who did it this time?

I am not going back on this.

Don't get me wrong, my best flights are with my family. I found the back reclining seats to be a big plus. Also flying above FL100 keeps them asleep for a while.
Any suggestions or ideas to make long trips more enjoyable?

José

Fly the route at 500 ft, that will make the trip a lot more interesting.

My wife tells that her mother has given her the following advice when she starts to make noises similar to what you are describing:

Regarding motorcycles... "Honey, better two wheels than two legs."

Regarding airplanes... "Honey, better two wings than two legs."

Etc., etc.

But for the people in the back seat of a Mooney, well I have no advice to share because it seems like they have a legitimate beef. 5 hours in the back of a Mooney? Ooh, sounds awful. The front seat passenger has it pretty good though and unless she is 6'5" or so should be comfortable.

Last edited:
I really want to say something sarcastic, but in reality flying for our non-pilot passengers is pretty boring, and often cramped. For that reason, I keep legs to three hours, but I know there are times when that is not practical.

Overhead breaks often help make things exciting, and/or wake people up. :D

Also, if you curse at something, that get's people's attention too.

I got nothin........ :dunno:

I occasionaly fly long distance flights FXE-TJIG (5+ hours) on my M20J with my family. Because the flight is over water and the Bahamas is impractical to make stops due to Customs hassle. On occasions I get comments like:

How much more of this torture.

Why don't you get a real airplane with toilet.

You told me four hours and is already 4+ hours, lier.

I can not stand up.

You better get me those expensive boots that I want.

I don't want to do it in a bag!!

Can we stop at McDonalds.

I already saw the movie do you have other DVDs

I am tired of Brazil 66 and the Tijuana Brass CDs. Don't you have other CDs

Are we there yet or are we lost?

Skipper (beagle dog) did a big one on the baggage carpet.

Grandma leak on the new seat again. She forgot the diapers, I told you.

This plane stings, who did it this time?

I am not going back on this.

Don't get me wrong, my best flights are with my family. I found the back reclining seats to be a big plus. Also flying above FL100 keeps them asleep for a while.
Any suggestions or ideas to make long trips more enjoyable?

José

step up to comfort.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1354974.html

get an O2 bottle with one outlet. fly at about 14K. problem solved.

PSP usually works (or just bribes in general...).

My wife normally sits in the back and reads when she's either a.) not sleeping or b). refereeing the two other males in the plane.

Even split front and rear, they still find a way to argue... :mad2:

Pilot Iso works well too.

Attachments

• IMG_9340.JPG
    IMG_9340.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 69

The guy that gave an oxygen seminar I attended once (a really good one) at Osh, says he flies fairly high in his Bonanza and when his wife is kinda cranky he does just that, dials her down slowly until she's out. Then cranks up the tunes and enjoys the ride!

When she wakes up it's like space travel for her because, hey, we're here already!! :D

Passenger ejector seats?

The guy that gave an oxygen seminar I attended once (a really good one) at Osh, says he flies fairly high in his Bonanza and when his wife is kinda cranky he does just that, dials her down slowly until she's out. Then cranks up the tunes and enjoys the ride!

When she wakes up it's like space travel for her because, hey, we're here already!! :D

Yes oxygen depravation get them to sleep. But what I found is that they may get a headache after we land. I found that taking sleeping pills is a good option too.

José

Yes oxygen depravation get them to sleep. But what I found is that they may get a headache after we land. I found that taking sleeping pills is a good option too.

José

Also, couldn't there be health issues beyond a headache doing that?

I think the solution is to just not take them, and go on trips with buddies that appreciate the magic carpet.

I'll be happy to occupy one of your seats if you have an empty one. One time I flew 8 hours in one day in a C-152. :D

We used to face this problem with our kids on long trips.

The portable DVD players helped a lot. Harry Potter books took care of the rest, once they were of reading age.

And then, they grew up. Problem solved!

I'll be happy to occupy one of your seats if you have an empty one. One time I flew 8 hours in one day in a C-152. :D

Only if you bring your own relief bottle. I do not share mine.:D

José

You guys make me happy that genetic circumstance has made it difficult for us to procreate. ;)

(Wife is missing a chromosome in some percentage of her cells, called a "mosaic".)

We've talked about adoption but all your parenting war stories have this far quashed any parenting instincts we've ever had. Haha. "

Talked to X... He says everyone's good. His kid did X though."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Glad we don't have to deal with that."

"Me too. What do you want to get for dinner?"

... is usually how the conversation goes. ;)

tow a glider ... "next one who complains rides in the waaaay back"

You guys make me happy that genetic circumstance has made it difficult for us to procreate. ;)

(Wife is missing a chromosome in some percentage of her cells, called a "mosaic".)

We've talked about adoption but all your parenting war stories have this far quashed any parenting instincts we've ever had. Haha. "

Talked to X... He says everyone's good. His kid did X though."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Glad we don't have to deal with that."

"Me too. What do you want to get for dinner?"

... is usually how the conversation goes. ;)

http://blog.stylease.com/2009/01/musings-of-good-father-on-bad-day.html

Back