This just screams out "high-class", doesn't it?

Sure does. A dozen belly-bombers, candlelight and a fine wine. Life doesn't get any better!

Last edited:
Sure does. A doesn't belly-bombers, candlelight and a fine wine. Life doesn't get any better!

HEY! I resemble that remark!:D I was thinking $1 McDonalds cheesburgers and all the water she can drink. (Just Kidding)

I'm sure I'll be forfeiting an hours worth of Arrow rental again this year. :blowingkisses: (now if she'd just throw doller bills, wait, er... no)

Suggesting a 3 or 4 way for your Valentine is likely to get you slapped :eek::eek:

Quite true. I realized the double entendre as soon as I pressed submit. And I was wondering who the first perver -- AHEM! -- I mean person would be to notice it. :D;)

<gack!> Cinniman does not belong in chilli nor on a REAL Coney.:vomit::vomit::vomit:

I know, I know, there's the whole debate about whether it's really "chili" or not. But I do know one thing it is for sure: Darn good eatin', IMHO. :D

<gack!> Cinniman does not belong in chilli nor on a REAL Coney.:vomit::vomit::vomit:

According to folks in one state, beans don't belong in chili either. ;)

Skyline and Gold Star both require that you recalibrate your intestines.....

I know, I know, there's the whole debate about whether it's really "chili" or not. But I do know one thing it is for sure: Darn good eatin', IMHO. :D

I went to Cinci and was told the one thing I couldn't miss was Skyline "chili" so I went to the local Skyline for lunch one day. I had to buy two lunches that day. <blech> :vomit::vomit::vomit: You can have all you want... including my share. :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Oh, and if you're a novice, hopping in an airplane after eating 2 cheese coneys and a 3-way from Skyline is NOT recommended. A colleague of mine learned that painful lesson the hard way.

I went to Cinci and was told the one thing I couldn't miss was Skyline "chili" so I went to the local Skyline for lunch one day. I had to buy two lunches that day. <blech> :vomit::vomit::vomit: You can have all you want... including my share. :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Fair enough... More for me! :D

Oh, and if you're a novice, hopping in an airplane after eating 2 cheese coneys and a 3-way from Skyline is NOT recommended. A colleague of mine learned that painful lesson the hard way.

Yeah... wow. That'd be rough. Similarly rough is enjoying Skyline right before departing on the 7ish-hour drive back to Chicago, with a Dad driving who wouldn't stop if he was having a heart attack. Not good times, but still... TOTALLY worth it. :D

Not in your plane, I hope! :no:

-Rich

Oh man... a Coney (or 3) and a 4-way sounds sooooo gooood at the moment. <drool>

You want the bad news I just learned? Steak and Shake stopped selling the cans of chili, at least according to the one I went to.

You want the bad news I just learned? Steak and Shake stopped selling the cans of chili, at least according to the one I went to.

Now that is a travesty that I think we should all be pretty outraged about.

So much for finding the lonely single girls at the bar on Thursday, I'm gonna find a white castle and find 'em there!

I guess if I get kicked out of our dinner in downtown Cincy we have a backup plan...

Cheers,

-Andrew

If only Ben's office was in Nashville or if there was a White Castle in Chattanooga. I miss 'em!

Especially the chocolate shakes! :)

too bad that im going to be in albuquerque. I could've wined and dined leah with a gourmet candlelight dinner on a CFI budget. I think in the overall "money spent on valentines day" its much cheaper to just leave town for 5 days...

too bad that im going to be in albuquerque. I could've wined and dined leah with a gourmet candlelight dinner on a CFI budget. I think in the overall "money spent on valentines day" its much cheaper to just leave town for 5 days...

:rofl: I tried that. I just end up having to buy stuff before I leave.

I think if you can take a girl to White Castle for v-day dinner and she's ok with it, you've found the right girl!

Q. Why are there 5 holes in a White Castle Hamburger?

A. It takes 5 bullets to kill a rat.

Btdt. Broadway location near Cardinals stadium, St Louis, Valentines Day, 1990 :redface:

Dude, I've been to that Whitey's on SEVERAL occasions when I lived in STL! I even introduced my better half to the wonder that is Whitey's at that location when we visited last April!

Never been on Valentine's Day, though.

Dude, I've been to that Whitey's on SEVERAL occasions when I lived in STL! I even introduced my better half to the wonder that is Whitey's at that location when we visited last April!

Never been on Valentine's Day, though.

yeah spent many a drunken night in that place. My gilfriend at the time ( who was actually rather highbrow) thought it was cute in a college sophomore kind of way.
Popularized in the movie White Palace btw.

Hope you're going to Jean Robert's Pigalls..... :yes:

You just boosted my confidence by a factor of 50. That is indeed where we have reservations. 8:30, 4 course prix fixe with vin. I was interested, now I'm excited...

Cheers,

-Andrew

You just boosted my confidence by a factor of 50. That is indeed where we have reservations. 8:30, 4 course prix fixe with vin. I was interested, now I'm excited...

Jean-Robert was formerly executive chef at the Maisonette, which prior to it's closure was the only Mobil 5-star restaurant in Cincy (and thus it was for many, many years). IIRC, it didn't even lose it's fifth star when it changed executive chefs - such was the reputation of Jean-Robert.

I'm jealous.

Enjoy :yes:

Back