This just got interesting......

So if Airbus renames the Bombardier C to an Airbus A3xx, does Delta get a free pass?

Or do they get a free pass anyway since it will be made in Alabama?

Interesting indeed. Delta has been buying a lot of Airbus jets in the past few years. Hmmm...

But really, Boeing is a big whiner anyway. This is what they do, especially if they lose a bid. Just look at the tanker deal for the Air Force. Airbus won it, Boeing got their contacts and lobbyists going, and the rebid goes to, yup, Boeing.

I couldn't be happier. Boeing really did make new American jobs, just happens to be jobs for their superior competitor. I hope they are really sad in Everett.

I couldn't be happier. Boeing really did make new American jobs, just happens to be jobs for their superior competitor. I hope they are really sad in Everett.

Splain. I believe Boeing is still top dog.

Splain. I believe Boeing is still top dog.
Many things Boeing don't make sense to me. Continuing to make an outdated airplane (Max).

Not innovating until you're getting outsold by the neo and complaining to the government that someone is making a better plane and selling more to delta than you are.

Manual trim on a FBW airplane.

Complaining about the Tanker contract they lost.

Many other things.

Perhaps Boeing prefers to take thing one step at a time rather than stick their neck out like Airbus has. Better to take things incrementally than exponentially. Being the leader of the pack sometimes only relieves you of the smell of the dog ahead of you. The scenery is still the same.

I might be in the minority here, but while it does sound like Boeing is just whining here...if you really look at it I don't blame them at all. To my understanding the Canadian government subsidizes the hell out of those Bombardier jets, giving them a huge advantage over Boeing as far as sales price. Now I am not a commercial pilot and cannot explain quality or innovation or either company, but on sheer principle, Boeing is absolutely right to make a stink about this. Anyone feel free to correct anything I may be misunderstanding here, but if the Canadian government is footing a large amount of the production costs of the C series and dumping the planes in the US market, that's not right. I am under the impression Boeing does not receive such funding from the US government but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

My 2 cents

I might be in the minority here, but while it does sound like Boeing is just whining here...if you really look at it I don't blame them at all. To my understanding the Canadian government subsidizes the hell out of those Bombardier jets, giving them a huge advantage over Boeing as far as sales price. Now I am not a commercial pilot and cannot explain quality or innovation or either company, but on sheer principle, Boeing is absolutely right to make a stink about this. Anyone feel free to correct anything I may be misunderstanding here, but if the Canadian government is footing a large amount of the production costs of the C series and dumping the planes in the US market, that's not right. I am under the impression Boeing does not receive such funding from the US government but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

My 2 cents
Well if they continue to fail at making attractive planes in all sectors, they will get the same subsidies that Chevrolet got when they were in bad shape. Why doesn't boeing make an airplane to compete in the cs100 or C300 space. They don't even have a plane to fly in this fight.

Well if they continue to fail at making attractive planes in all sectors, they will get the same subsidies that Chevrolet got when they were in bad shape. Why doesn't boeing make an airplane to compete in the cs100 or C300 space. They don't even have a plane to fly in this fight.

:yeahthat: THIS! I was gonna bring that fact up, glad you did.

My 2 cents

Boeing is also a defence contractor. Tell me they aren't subsidized. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And spare us the malarkey that these are different divisions and completely and utterly separated. If you believe that then you probably also believe Boeing actually makes a plane they bid for the Delta contract.

Perhaps Boeing prefers to take thing one step at a time rather than stick their neck out like Airbus has. Better to take things incrementally than exponentially. Being the leader of the pack sometimes only relieves you of the smell of the dog ahead of you. The scenery is still the same.

To be fair Boeing stuck its neck out a long way on both the 777, and even more on the 787.
Airbus is still trying to catch up in those segments.

And despite the knocking on the 737, Boeing is currently delivering 42 civilian 737s a month out of tiny little Renton airport. Not one of them is in the lower capacity market segment of the C-Series though, so makes them look a bit like hypocrites in this dogfight.

Boeing is also a defence contractor. Tell me they aren't subsidized. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And spare us the malarkey that these are different divisions and completely and utterly separated. If you believe that then you probably also believe Boeing actually makes a plane they bid for the Delta contract.

Exactly. Defense contractors get billions in subsidies that are called foreign aid (like to Saudi Arabia) where the agreement is that they have to use the money to buy American made weapon systems.

No more MD to compete with - they took care of that.
No Lockheed to compete with - MD and Boeing took care of that.
Airbus is their only competitor and they were not in the game until this past week.
In 2015, Bombardier tried to bring Airbus onboard, but they weren't interested at that time (A380 and A350).
Boeing gets territorial, Airbus takes notice and now suddenly Airbus is Bombardier's savior.
Now Airbus will have a whole range of products to sell, from 100 seats to 600. Boeing, not so much - dropped the ball there. Bigger is not always better. How much you want to bet 737's will be "attractively priced to sell"? They wrote the book on that themselves.
Be careful what you wish for - there are others who will give it to you!

Not to mention the ridiculous tax breaks from WA State, while the same state royally screws small and medium business...

Not to mention the ridiculous tax breaks from WA State, while the same state royally screws small and medium business...

Tell me about it! Both my US companies are WA and one of our offices is in Seattle...don't ask.

All of 'em are "subsidized", though it's hidden a bit better at Airbus.

Back