This is What I came Home To

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
After a week at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. 80F + this is what I came home to. Dig out the truck then head to the airport to dig out the plane....:(

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 261
Wow..... I thought Juneau was too far south to get snow.....:lol::lol::lol:
You know that's not true....Late spring snow like this is a PITA. Got a couple feet on the ground 3+....In 3 days....:))

Last edited:
We would get a summer snow storm in Barrow. Problem was it would stay all summer....and winter....:lol::lol::lol:

Well it pretty much looks just like your avatar picture, so maybe not a hug surprise?

Recommend you move to Florida...:)

Lived in Pensacola for 4 years, nice but way to hot and humid in the summer for this northern boy....:)

I hear ya! I'll put up with the cold and snow over hot & humid, especially after 8 years living in the sandbox of the Middle East. Maybe commuting by your own airplane north/south is the answer? ;)

Well it pretty much looks just like your avatar picture, so maybe not a hug surprise?
Correct, avatar picture was taken in December not the middle of March. In any case still a PITA. Mother nature can through you a curve ball any time..:)

Last edited:
I hear ya! I'll put up with the cold and snow over hot & humid, especially after 8 years living in the sandbox of the Middle East. Maybe commuting by your own airplane north/south is the answer? ;)
The thought of being a Snow Bird looks better and better the older I get.....:cool:

That's horrible! I'll be thinking of you this weekend (90 degrees Sunday) while I'm next to the pool drinking a margarita :D

If time and money permitted I would do as you suggest....:)

So true, brother. Fortunately these late season snows don't hang around too long, excepting those in Barrow, of course.

Dug out today, my snow blower died and the FBO came over and plowed my tie down. Did get to fly between snow showers. They are calling for 5 to 8 inches Sunday, these late winter snow storms are beginning to chap my *ss...

High of 84 today in Tyler Tx :)

Dug out today, my snow blower died and the FBO came over and plowed my tie down. Did get to fly between snow showers. They are calling for 5 to 8 inches Sunday, these late winter snow storms are beginning to chap my *ss...
Same here. We had 16 inches Tue-Wed of last week; some nearby sites got as much as 30 (Burlington set a record for single storm snowfall in March). Vernal equinox is Monday, and we're in the middle of (well, now the end of :() what they call "spring break". Go figure...

90 degrees all weekend ... down side is weekends turn from great flying weather to "honey does" for spring yard prep. 93 degrees today ... even the dog has been using the pool to cool down:confused::D

Back