This is cool. The New Vans RV-11

interesting project. we'll see if he ever finishes it.

According to RV lore, Dick VanGrunsven ('Van' of Van's Aircraft) has been tinkering with his motor-glider for years. He has always been an advocate of doing more with less power. He's not a big fan of people making the Super-8 or the Rocket spin-off of the -8.

I doubt the -11 will ever make it to the market, but I also used to say that they would never do a 4-seater, so who knows!?

im sure that if he can find enough people interested in buying kits he'd engineer it up and sell them. although i dont really think that will happen. the soaring world did a lot of homebuilding back in the 60's and 70's but not nearly as much anymore. although if he can come up with a decent glider that is self launch and not too expensive or complicated, he may have a winner.

Go away, son, you bother us!

"New?" Not really. It's almost a decade old and the first proof-of-concept isn't even done. However, it is a really neat idea, and one of the VERY few that might actually entice me to build something. Maybe.

I consider it new. I never heard of it. Does anyone know what stage he is in with it right now?

"New?" Not really. It's almost a decade old and the first proof-of-concept isn't even done. However, it is a really neat idea, and one of the VERY few that might actually entice me to build something. Maybe.

if I see him at the SSA convention maybe I'll ask.

Tony. Thanks. I would like more information on this project. I might see him at Airventure 2010.

Back