This guy didn't even try to stop it

Dang! I'm impressed that tire held!

Think any damaged happened to the landing gear box or the gear attach points?

was that mtns?
That's a 170 ;)

Sure is similar paint to my 180 though.

The pilot of the aircraft commented on the video when it was posted on a large facebook group. It was months ago so not sure if I could find his comment.

That's a 170 ;)

Sure is similar paint to my 180 though.

The pilot of the aircraft commented on the video when it was posted on a large facebook group. It was months ago so not sure if I could find his comment.

I thought he posted here also the first time this went around, but not going to hunt for it. It’s a duplicate.

Here's what you get when you try the same crosswind "technique" with tricycle gear

Wow.... pretty good idea to use the wing tip to slow down when the brakes fail....I woulda tried something like dragging my boot.....

It would be interesting to see what, if any, damage the rear spar, rear spar attach fittings, and fuselage bulkhead suffered.

Did he touch down with the brakes applied (vid with the tricycle gear)?

I think he saw the end of the runway/the sea coming up real fast and clamped down with his toes.

The St Barth's guy would have been fine with less braking. There's plenty of sand before you get to the water.

No mistaking that sound of an automatic transmission in park while still rolling..!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Some newer vehicles have a safety feature where you can't put it in R or P while rolling over a certain speed. It won't actually engage until it won't hurt the transmission.

No, this is why you have to be on the correct speed and glide path in challenging airports, otherwise you're going to f*** it up.

A little touch up paint on the wingtip and a new seatcover for the pilot seat and no one will know the difference!

Back