This counts as PIC... right??

overdrive148

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
overdrive148
This counts as PIC... right?? (B-25J towing)

Right?? :D

302z5lw.jpg

Shawnee Airshow was yesterday. I got to tow her for about two minutes! Can I log it??

25hhbh2.jpg

Last edited:
I think you can log PIC as long as you're sole manipulator of the tug of an aircraft in which you wish you were rated.

Wasn't there a Chief Counsel ruling on this awhile back?

Were you compensated for the tug operation? if you were, you also need to file a W2-T for Chief Counsel consideration for a special use permit under the National Historic Aircraft Act of 1976 and if granted, they will allow the log time as long as you are using a Skillcraft pen to make the entry. Also, the entry must be completed within 48 hours of the actual tugging or the permit is invalid and you have to apply for a special one time entry authorization which may be witnessed by any CFI with a tailwheel endorsement unless the CFI has been sanctioned in the last there years or anytime since obtaining a student pilots certificate for a designated FAA medical examiner.

It's pretty easy really......

Just put someone else in the tug with foggles and presto, you BOTH can log PIC.

Doesn't matter.

I think you can log PIC as long as you're sole manipulator of the tug of an aircraft in which you wish you were rated.

Awesome, I'm adding a Phenom 300 and Cessna Citation to my logbook on top of the B-25J, .01 hours of sweet sweet PIC time.

Were you compensated for the tug operation? if you were, you also need to file a W2-T for Chief Counsel consideration for a special use permit under the National Historic Aircraft Act of 1976 and if granted, they will allow the log time as long as you are using a Skillcraft pen to make the entry. Also, the entry must be completed within 48 hours of the actual tugging or the permit is invalid and you have to apply for a special one time entry authorization which may be witnessed by any CFI with a tailwheel endorsement unless the CFI has been sanctioned in the last there years or anytime since obtaining a student pilots certificate for a designated FAA medical examiner.

It's pretty easy really......
:rofl:

Just put someone else in the tug with foggles and presto, you BOTH can log PIC.

:D
What would happen if I tried to fit 4 more people on the back of the tug (all with foggles on) with the intention of selling B-25 PIC time? Would I need a commercial rating or is it common purpose?

For towing operations, don't you also have to have a glider rating?

What would happen if I tried to fit 4 more people on the back of the tug (all with foggles on) with the intention of selling B-25 PIC time? Would I need a commercial rating or is it common purpose?

Don't do that, you would be over gross, and you don't want to be a test driver!

Back