This cannot possibly be good for GA

GA Is shooting itelf in the foot weekly.

Breathless CNN stories don't help.

Fortunately, no one watches CNN anymore (except those captive in Airports and restaurants)

Wow. Lucky people, both on the ground and in the plane.

Well that news story did not tell me anything about what happened other than there was a plane crash.

Where was this, what do people think happened?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/27202294.html

Caldwell, Texas Note the excerpt here:

Caldwell Police officers kept watch over the plane Wednesday evening. Police say there was no danger of a fuel leak, so the plane will remain on the field until federal investigators take a look.
Hmm, Why do you think there was "no danger of a fuel leak? Mayhaps there was no fuel left on board? But I'll wait until an official word appears before I officially wave the duh! flag. They were less than a mile from the runway.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/27202294.html

Caldwell, Texas Note the excerpt here:

Hmm, Why do you think there was "no danger of a fuel leak? Mayhaps there was no fuel left on board? But I'll wait until an official word appears before I officially wave the duh! flag. They were less than a mile from the runway.
Those wings sure should have been leaking something. I agree that we need more facts but it sure seems that you may have had that right Keith.

The other key quotes are:
Players and parents say they didn't hear the plane, and only noticed it seconds before it crashed.
"Reports are that they were apparently having engine problems and that they had- this is all second hand- but that they had spotted the runway and were trying to get around to it but just didn't make it," said Caldwell Police Chief Paul Lilly.

"We were just here to play a little ball," said parent Gene Hawkins. His son Thomas was trying out for the "Colt 45s," a tournament baseball team made up of 12-year-olds.

And some things don't require additional commentary! :rolleyes:

billydeesign.jpg

Approves?

Gosh, I sure have been out of touch on the news. I hadn't even heard of it happening. Caldwell isn't all that far from here; maybe 65 miles. I would have flown right over it between Austin and Conroe.

"We were just here to play a little ball," said parent Gene Hawkins. His son Thomas was trying out for the "Colt 45s," a tournament baseball team made up of 12-year-olds.
Actually, this may well be a nod to history: the Houston Astros were known for the first few years as the Colt .45s. It's a reference to the firearm, not the beer-oid drink (which may have come after the baseball team).

Actually, this may well be a nod to history: the Houston Astros were known for the first few years as the Colt .45s. It's a reference to the firearm, not the beer-oid drink (which may have come after the baseball team).

I was about to say the same thing.

180px-HOU_1094.gif

They became the Astros when they moved into the Astrodome in 1965.

Back