This airplane story stinks....

That plane was definitely pressurized :tongue:

Not quite the same thing, but I flew on a 747 Combi once that had a load of cattle in the back. No issues with cow farts, but when we landed the passengers were instructed to remain in their seats - until the cattle were unloaded.

Dave

I thought my boys were bad!! :eek:
What does it cost to ship 2100 sheep on a 747?? Must be some high priced lamb chops!:D

It's a good thing Sheep don't smoke.

Not quite the same thing, but I flew on a 747 Combi once that had a load of cattle in the back. No issues with cow farts, but when we landed the passengers were instructed to remain in their seats - until the cattle were unloaded.

Dave

About 3 years ago, the state of Kazakhstan purchased a herd of 3000 head of cattle from ND to diversify their beef industry. For several months, there were weekly flights by Kalitta and Korean Airlines shipping crated cows via Gander, NF and then either Frankfurt or Budapest.

https://youtu.be/rQA4cILtF6c

Dave

Probably a CG issue.

I thought my boys were bad!! :eek:
What does it cost to ship 2100 sheep on a 747?? Must be some high priced lamb chops!:D

You'd be surprised, when you work out lost weight from shipping stress and the cost of shipping on a ship, flying them likely works out financially better than ships.

Back