Third Party DVRs

Greg Bockelman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Bockelman
Since moving to Guam, I have noticed they are a bit behind the rest of the US when it comes to technology. In the states, I have a 4 channel DVR that can record several hundred hours of content. In Guam, the system I am on is a DSL system and the DVR that is provided by the company allows one to watch TV while recording just one other channel and a maximum of 25 hours of content. Is there any third party system I can acquire that can record more than one channel at once and have a capacity of more than 25 hours? And is also compatible with DSL? I am spoiled. I want everything. LOL

In the long run, your issue will be bandwidth trying to do that on DSL. To record four programs at once the DVR would have to join four multicast streams at once. Not sure your DSL service can support that.

Unrelated question, but do they still have that McDonalds with the big massive M there? It was in the middle of noplace. I remember it living there as a kid.

Okay I Googled it - it's the one on Marine Corps Drive. It was the biggest McDonalds in the world at the time I believe.

Back