Third-Class Medical Reform Included In Defense Bill

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/new...Reform-Included-In-Defense-Bill-226236-1.html

Does anyone have more information on this? It says on Avweb that the PBOR2 medical reform is included in the defense bill called the National Defense Authorization Act. I cannot find any information on this when I looked it up online and when I skimmed through the bill I didn't see any medical reform language in it. Anyways I am still hoping that if medical reform language is included in that bill, it would be without the one-time medical requirement needed to self certify and also see your doctor every 4 years, but I am not counting on it.

Keep our fingers crossed!

So far the Senate has been persistently on the side of us pilots, twice approving the medical reform. Unfortunately, the House has twice not acted. Most recently the problem was the Senate's tying our medical reform to the FAA reauthorization, which seemed like a good idea until the reauthorization stalled on account of an effort in the House to privatize ATC.

I suppose there's no likelihood of the House seeking to privatize Defense, so maybe the third time will be the charm for us.

If you're talking about HR4909, it does not (yet) have any PBOR2 provisions and neither does the introduced matching bill S.2814.

It's included in several House Bills and also the Senate FAA reauthorization bill, which has passed (just waiting on the House to get over the whole privatizing ATC crap, which is the hold up, not the PBOR2 stuff).

There doesn't appear to be much pushback at this point. It's going to get done unless Congress just never passes another bill again (which I suppose is possible lol).

Keep our fingers crossed!

So far the Senate has been persistently on the side of us pilots, twice approving the medical reform. Unfortunately, the House has twice not acted. Most recently the problem was the Senate's tying our medical reform to the FAA reauthorization, which seemed like a good idea until the reauthorization stalled on account of an effort in the House to privatize ATC.

I suppose there's no likelihood of the House seeking to privatize Defense, so maybe the third time will be the charm for us.

Unfortunately, in regards to that bill, Obama is threatening to veto it because it restores the military's ability to contract with religious groups. They say it'll allow discrimination against the LGBT crowd because religious groups can manage their own hiring based on their convictions.

Your government at work.

Back