dennyleeb

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
7DeltaBravo
to my t182t
any suggestions, the only one i know of is from kelly aerospace
pros, cons

If you have an all-electric panel, you might consider the B&C alternator that plugs into the vacuum pump hole in the gear box. Set it up so the backup system powers the TC and #2 radio, and the main system powers the #1 radio and AI/HI. Avoid having the two alternators belt-driven adjacent to each other lest one busted belt take out the other.

I've had one on my Mooney 252 since the day I got it. It's an STC that was applied at the factory and it is a belt driven model while the primary is gear driven. I like it and I'm glad it's there but I don't much care to have it driven off of a very expensive starter drive (which I just replaced) but I guess it'd be impossible to have it from anywhere else. Seriously though and after looking back at six years with this airplane and a whole bunch of airplanes before it, I think I'd rather have a second battery that I could switch to (like a TLS has) versus anything that's driven by a belt flinging around under the cowling if I could get away with it.

Back