Thinking about...work tomorrow.

There are downsides to unemployment.

Depending on one's position in life:

or

I don't know about you guys, but with this quarantine and office lock down, every day has begun feeling about the same. I'm exhausted as weekends don't take on the same significance it once did. Even the amount of flying I'm doing has slowed down. :(

Yeah, working to make other people rich sucks...

Depends on the person. All of the ones I’ve worked for paid me, and did stuff I didn’t want to do.

If I did, I could buy a place and do what they did. No thanks.

My favorite day of the week ....Monday and getting back to work..... "I love my job and I love my boss.... I work for myself..."

Even though I'm about 90% retired at this point, it's funny how the work-week and weekend mentalities still dominate my psyche. Mondays are a drag, even though it's usually not much different than other days. Fridays and Saturdays are exciting - even though... yeah, not much different. I even sleep later on weekends. Part of it is that my wife still works; the other part is just habit from so many years of working.

Even though I'm about 90% retired at this point, it's funny how the work-week and weekend mentalities still dominate my psyche. Mondays are a drag, even though it's usually not much different than other days. Fridays and Saturdays are exciting - even though... yeah, not much different. I even sleep later on weekends. Part of it is that my wife still works; the other part is just habit from so many years of working.

Being retired is the best job I've ever had. That said, I'm still active in national and international standards groups and to a lesser extent my professional society. It keeps me out of trouble and more or less off the streets. When you're retired every day is Saturday. "Work" is a 4 letter word. :p

It's already tomorrow, so this thread is now already irrelevant. Wait, there will still be work tomorrow. I guess this thread ends Friday then.

I'm in the middle of a 2 week shtstorm at work that will (hopefully) end next tuesday. after that I'm hoping to take some time off and if the heat and t-storms ever end, maybe do some flying.

Back