Thinking about........the weather

I continue to hear more stories about long term effects of ‘heat events’ on people - not just heat stroke but ‘was working in hot sun with plenty of water for several hours and never recovered’.
No known name for this condition; continuous exhaustion & lassitude.

I'll take hot over cold any day of the week. As someone that has had hypothermia before, my bones just ache under 50 degrees.

Upper 90s and 20+/- kt winds today. Heat index right now is 102, I think it was around 109 a few hours ago. It was a good day to stay inside and tell myself, "Self, that lawnmower can wait another day."

Should be a little bit cooler tomorrow.

Today was my first time hearing density altitudes above 3000 feet on the awos. Yes I know, I'm just a dumb flatlander. It was hot flying. But saving the doggies is worth it.

Today was my first time hearing density altitudes above 3000 feet on the awos. Yes I know, I'm just a dumb flatlander. It was hot flying. But saving the doggies is worth it.

I did night currency Thursday. DA in central TX at 9:30p was nearly 4000ft; the last 1000ft to 5500 was at 300fpm or less. Wish I had your turbo then.

Didn’t look to see what we got today but the house was 100F at 6200’ MSL... LOL

I did night currency Thursday. DA in central TX at 9:30p was nearly 4000ft; the last 1000ft to 5500 was at 300fpm or less. Wish I had your turbo then.
I didn't get a turbo. Just regular old 300hp. :) My dad said we had the highest dew points in the country today. It was steamy. Lance still leapt off the runway in less than 2000 feet.

I for one is rooting for winter, and I live in ND. Thicker and stable airmass, I get awesome perf from my 180 horse engine .... what’s not to like?

I don't mind the cold, but I don't like it when it hovers right around freezing. Needs to either be a hard below 20F dry snow situation or 40+ not any of that melt and re-freeze BS.

The thing about the cold is you can always put on another layer. Doing the opposite when it's hot will eventually get you arrested in public.

I’m over it. I’d move to Hawaii in 2 seconds flat if it was more GA friendly. Great weather all year.

I'll take hot over cold any day of the week. As someone that has had hypothermia before, my bones just ache under 50 degrees.

Better than snow.

Nope ...nope...nope...nope.... I can't stand hot weather. It makes doing anything remotely physical outside extremely unpleasant at best. Mowing the lawn while fighting black flies, deer flies, and mosqiitos and trying to see through the sweat stinging my eyeballs..,,ahhh..,summer. You guys are nuts...;)
I am definitely a chionophile... i look forward to shoveling snow, camping in the winter (have overnight backpacked in -20F temps on several occasions)..you can always get warm, and the air is so much easier to breathe, no "hay fever," dust, dirt, mud, bugs...winter is the antidote to life's miseries as far as I'm concerned.

Nope ...nope...nope...nope.... I can't stand hot weather. It makes doing anything remotely physical outside extremely unpleasant at best. Mowing the lawn while fighting black flies, deer flies, and mosqiitos and trying to see through the sweat stinging my eyeballs..,,ahhh..,summer. You guys are nuts...;)
I am definitely a chionophile... i look forward to shoveling snow, camping in the winter (have overnight backpacked in -20F temps on several occasions)..you can always get warm, and the air is so much easier to breathe, no "hay fever," dust, dirt, mud, bugs...winter is the antidote to life's miseries as far as I'm concerned.

Technically I don’t like either extreme anymore. The neuro weirdness messes with temperature sensors. I can feel like I’m about to die of heatstroke in a 75F room occasionally (sweating for no reason, not lightheaded or cognitive), or probably freeze a lower limb off not knowing it was too cold. LOL.

I was once with you. Easier to bundle up and get to work to warm up than the opposite. Now it’s mostly a dislike for slippery surfaces and weak right arm for the snow shovel or manhandling the blower around. Not so bad on the tractor but just have to stop regularly and make sure I truly did bundle correctly.

Only have had one season of the silliness to adapt and it was a weak winter. Didn’t even fire up the pellet stove and still have a pallet of them purchased two years ago because propane has been super cheap.

Soooo... see how it goes this year. :) At least I won’t be completely unable to due to needing that damn cane last winter! :)

I managed to dump (slowly and under control) a dolly with a heavy desktop on myself on a truck ramp a few days ago. LOL. That I thought I could even attempt it was a good sign. That I did was a sign of stupidity. Ha.

One minor scrape and a bruise on one knee right where the laptop sits if I’m doing the laptop on lap thing. LOL.

Of course other people were around and it’s like seeing old people go down for them, all terrifying and yelling and helping and I’m just cussing and annoyed telling them I’m fine... now I know how my dad felt when we’d watch him do a weeble wobble fall doing whatever work we were working on.

Add my mostly white hair and I look the part, way too young.

“Oh great the kids are running and yelling and think I need a damn Life Alert pendant now... effff...” as you push the crap off of you and get up. LOL.

While extremes of any temp aren't fun, I'd much rather have heat than cold. At least when it's hot, it cools down a bit after the sun goes down and I can sit on my porch under the fan and have an adult beverage.

I'll take hot over cold any day of the week

I have never passed out from being too cold. I mean in winter I can add or remove layers as needed. In summer, most folks run away after that first, and only, layer comes off....:hairraise: :lol:

I will admit to when I spent a winter in Fairbanks, -60s was a little too cool for me...

I have never passed out from being too cold.

Well, generally you only get to do that once anyway...

I'm a New Englander. I like a little of each.

It wasn’t as hot today as it was yesterday, but it was a moist heat.

Man, I hate humidity. That sounds awful. :)

I spent yesterday morning at the airport. My hangar faces East into the rising sun. By the time I called it a day around noon, it was 94F and very high humidity. When I got home and walked into our garage, the temp/humidity monitor in the garage showed 81F and 64% RH, which felt wonderful in comparison to being outside.

Mad dogs and Englishmen, and all that.
I picked this week to start modifying my wood rack into a shed to store pellets for the new pellet stove.
Of course, when I built the wood rack it was in a spot that got maximum sun to dry wood. sigh....

Back