Thinking about new interior; what to expect

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My 1967 Bonanza V35 is in excellent shape and has always had top notch maintenance. The engine, and prop have about 200 hours, paint job is very good(with a few nicks and dings), panel is ok (520W, GNX 345, GNA340 audio panel, storm scope, engine analyzer, and more).

But the interior is a little rough and out of date. I'd like to have the headliners, door panels, seats and carpets redone. I also want the door jambs repainted and the trim replaced. In other words, I want a new interior.

For a good quality job, what kind of price can I expect? What should I NOT expect? How long would such a job normally take?

The lines are not very straight and the backs of the seats are a little saggy.

The difference of what's considered quality in the hot rod world and aviation is crazy, especially since you'll pay way more for way less with the aviation shops.
Her work has been displayed on Grand Champions at Oshkosh, but probably couldn’t meet your standards.

The lines are not very straight and the backs of the seats are a little saggy.

The difference of what's considered quality in the hot rod world and aviation is crazy, especially since you'll pay way more for way less with the aviation shops.

Dude, fireproof cows ain't cheap!

<---- did my own interior with the help of a shop similar to what James recommends. I bought my own leather from Tandy which was three skins, two navy blue and one gray, did my own cutting and trimming of the backing material and removed the old interior and installed the new. Price as follows:

Leather $300
Seats (Cherokee so 4) - $1100 which included Piper logo embroidered on the back
Side panels $475

So less than 2 grand and I get a LOT of compliments on the interior. A few people here have seen the seats but not the side panels because they were installed after the fly in we attended.

Her work has been displayed on Grand Champions at Oshkosh, but probably couldn’t meet your standards.

Those seats on the home page wouldn't win in a car show, also isn't like every other plane on barnstormer some type of winner at Oshkosh?

b35frontseatbacks.jpg

b35baggageback.jpg

b35backseats.jpg

Vs Tijuana job for a fraction of the cost

img00057-20101027-1028-1-jpg.1133616

dscn2399-jpg.1133995

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tuck-and-roll-upholstery.525872/

Just saying I'd ask the hotrod guys, you'll get better work for less.

Decades ago, I had the rear seat of a '73 Celica redone by a little shop in TJ. I think they charged $30 and it was beautiful.

I am quite sure that a good auto shop could do a good job, cheaper. But I want a jobber that has done airplanes before. And I want a jobber that I can bring the plane to, or will come to the plane with all of their tools. And I don't know any like that around here. I don't want to have to rip everything out myself, carry it to a reupholstery shop, explain what I want and carry it back and re-install it myself.

Call me lazy, but I want to taxi my plane to the shop and come pick it up when it is done.

Back