Thinking about a Stearman

Appreciate the input, definitely gives some things to think about that probably make it less desirable/ideal of an option for what we're going for.

Appreciate the input, definitely gives some things to think about that probably make it less desirable/ideal of an option for what we're going for.

Believe a guy who learned in a J-3, they are not fun in the winter. Upstate NY in the winter you be hard pressed to find anyone flying a J-3.

40°F is my lower limit for open cockpit, and that's a 10-15 minute flight when I'm desperate for my flying fix.

For a clear opinion of Stearman's you could do worse than contact Tim Preston at Preston Aviation in Florida, I did my tailwheel endorsement with Tim, he does TW training with his Stearman and J3 Cub. As a CFI and A&P with +1500 hours in tailwheels, Tim is probably one of the most respected and knowledgeable guys in the US when it comes to these aircraft.

Thats cool but they spelled Myers wrong!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not sure if you're still seriously considering a Stearman, but if I was curious about maintenance, etc., I'd be talking with Robbie Vajdos: http://www.texasstearmans.com/

Back