Thinking about a log splitter [NA]

I love my insert as it’s crazy efficient but hate the fact that it’s essentially a hot air heater and gives off almost no radiant heat. After running it for a few days it dries the air out in the house to the point where we have gotten bloody noses and sinus infections. Someone needs to come up with a way to add a humidifier to a wood stove insert.

Put a tea kettle or pan of water in front of the insert?

Put a tea kettle or pan of water in front of the insert?

I'd think a humidifier would probably be a bit more effective, but you'd have to have a pretty large humidifier to make any major impact on overall house humidity.

I put an enameled cast iron pot filled with water on top of my stove. The stove had a cook plate right on top of the catalytic combustor, and that increased humidity. If the insert just fits into the face of a fireplace, I can see where that would be a challenge.

I put an enameled cast iron pot filled with water on top of my stove. The stove had a cook plate right on top of the catalytic combustor, and that increased humidity. If the insert just fits into the face of a fireplace, I can see where that would be a challenge.

My insert stays cool to the touch on the outside.

If humidity were a problem for me, I might consider one of ultrasonic whole house / large room humidifiers. It looks like some of these could inject right into the airflow coming out of the blower. Amazon has many of these.

Will just need to use low mineral water.

51VblzJ9SyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back