Thinking about a life change

The problem is, there's not a lot of money in aviation photography so I would probably have to do less fun photography too... and well, weddings suck!

and not nearly as badly for the photographer as it does for the bride and groom!!

Tim- how old are you?

JFK got shot on my 4th birthday. You can extrapolate from there!

(and, I didn't get a BD cake that year and I'm still pizzed off about it! ;) After all, as I asked mom the morning after; "why did I get punished??? I didn't shoot him!!!")

...JFK got shot on my 4th birthday. You can extrapolate from there!

(and, I didn't get a BD cake that year and I'm still pizzed off about it! ;) After all, as I asked mom the morning after; "why did I get punished??? I didn't shoot him!!!")

LOL. Haven't changed a bit, after all those years. :thumbsup:

...and, I didn't get a BD cake that year and I'm still pizzed off about it! ;) After all, as I asked mom the morning after; "why did I get punished??? I didn't shoot him!!!")

Same thing for me when the Arabs declared war on my birthday. Not entirely true, I don't recall getting cakes for very many birthdays. Momma Steingar wasn't into cakes. Anyway, the war put the kibosh on any and all birthday celebrations. All that said, I wasn't mad about it then and am not now. Just a little bit of irony during my tender years.

Tim, you're only four years older than me. One thing I do like about me, I think if the teenage me saw the older he he'd say "cool". I ride a fast bike, fly a fast airplane, have traveled extensively and am a scientist, all the things I wanted to do and be.

I don't recall getting cakes for very many birthdays.
I never got cake either. I always asked for, and got, pizza with candles. At least as far back as I remember until I went to college. Then I got brownies.:rolleyes:

There is no thread personal enough that the Tesla evangelists can't make it about their toy.

So when someone else starts talking about wanting "a car that I can use for track days... that would be both play car and daily driver" we should just not mention a car that does exceedingly well at that. Got it. :rolleyes:

Corollary: I'm seriously considering joining the Peace Corps. and spending most, if not all, of the remainder of my retirement days giving back...at least as long as I'm healthy enough to do so and I can't foresee a problem with that for at least another 10 years.

Corollary: I'm seriously considering joining the Peace Corps. and spending most, if not all, of the remainder of my retirement days giving back...at least as long as I'm healthy enough to do so and I can't foresee a problem with that for at least another 10 years.
You now have my curiosity fully engaged. Does the Peace corps take old curmudgeons like us? I always thought that was for young photogenic college graduates.

One nice thing about me is I've spent my whole career giving back. Trying to solve hunger and cure cancer seem like laudable goals, and of course now I teach the next generation of biomedical professionals. And Tim, you spent your whole career paying forward. You built places for people to carry out their business and their lives.

Still, spending my retirement in the Peace corps would rock heavily.

@steingar

Yes, they have an "over 50" program. I've been researching it for about a week and it sounds quite interesting. You can pretty much pick where you want to go.

Back