Thinking about a Lamborghini

I showed my wife the picture without giving her any information, and she guessed the kid to be 8-10 years old.

Then she wondered why he was being scolded by the police....

Ted might get him one like this

lambo-tractor-featured-800-600x400-740x480.jpg

^^^Can those things do wheelies? :D

I worked summers on a ranch in high school and college; we had something like this that we'd fire up if we got one of the big tractors or trucks really stuck. We called it the kitty, since it seemed too small to be called a Cat (and I don't recall now if it was actually a Caterpillar, or an International Harvester...either way, it was really old even then).
What I recall most about it was that it started on gasoline...there was a two gallon tank, spark plugs, carburetor, etc, but it ran on diesel. You'd pull two levers towards you to turn on the gas system and turn off the diesel, crank it till the old engine came to life, let it warm up for a minute or two, then slam both levers forward to cut off the gas and cut in the diesel, generating a most satisfying roar...

I worked summers on a ranch in high school and college; we had something like this that we'd fire up if we got one of the big tractors or trucks really stuck. We called it the kitty, since it seemed too small to be called a Cat (and I don't recall now if it was actually a Caterpillar, or an International Harvester...either way, it was really old even then).
What I recall most about it was that it started on gasoline...there was a two gallon tank, spark plugs, carburetor, etc, but it ran on diesel. You'd pull two levers towards you to turn on the gas system and turn off the diesel, crank it till the old engine came to life, let it warm up for a minute or two, then slam both levers forward to cut off the gas and cut in the diesel, generating a most satisfying roar...

Started with a pony motor, like @Ted DuPuis 's wife's dozer.

Incidentally, I would love a Lamborghini - car or dozer.

I'll have to lock up our truck keys soon. I know darn well our five year old son can drive better than that kid. He can dock a boat better than most semi-experienced adults.

The kid should go on a diet, Lamborghini can have rather narrow seats, obesity is ill advised.

I never said anything about getting rid of the Jag. ;)

A Jag. And a Lambo. I wouldn't wish that combo in the garage on my worst friend. Maybe my less than favorite mechanic, but not my worst friend.:)

PS: I am toying with the idea of a 2008 XKR that I came across recently. With the economy headed into the toilet the seller is more motivated than ever, and it's one of the better models to wear the Jaguar name since the late 1960s 6-cylinder E-type. I should have my head examined...:eek:

Back