Thinking about a 2016 C450

david.h

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
david.h
Well, I am looking for an SUV to be a daily driver, and pull the double jetski trailer. But the dealer has this 2016 MB C450 that looks coolernshiz.

TLDR; Any thoughts on a 2016 Mercedes Benz C450 3.0 V6 twin turbo sedan? Has nice interior and Carbon FB spoiler lip. 65K miles, but certified used.

I had to sell my plane, didn't use it enough and my dad lost his medical, and the teenage kids didn't find the passion. So, moving on to other interesting hobbies: I used to race jetskis. I got my old one rebuilt and pursuing a new one. Covid shortages and all, I may not get a new one this summer. So looking for a good tow vehicle to be a daily driver too (Explorer, Grand Cherokee etc..), I stumbled on this 2016 C450 on the lot (~60K miles). I currently drive a V6 Honda Accord, nice 4 Door sedan with some handling and power more than a ****bag commuter car. Maybe this MB is a more fun drive on a daily 40 mile commute?
I don't know much about MB other than expensive parts, and stay on top of maintenance.
So if any of you have some info, I'd love to hear what I might expect if this car drives the way I anticipate, and the expected cost of ownership.

Thanks-
D

Just dropped 1K today on a TPMS module computer on the wife’s 2016 C that she loves and has less than 30k miles, but out of Warranty, love
The car and she does as well…but they can expensive to maintain…my VW and Fords have issues but never seem to surprise me with the repair…two drivers and four vehicles might also be an issue…that being said nothing drives like a MB and I have owned at least one for 38 years , starting as a young first lieutenant in Germany…same part probably 3-400 bucks on any of my other cars…that particular C series is a smoking hot machine…

Last edited:
Just dropped 1K today on a TPMS module computer on the wife’s 2016 C that she loves and has less than 30k miles, but out of Warranty, love
The car and she does as well…but they can expensive to maintain…my VW and Fords have issues but never seem to surprise me with the repair…two drivers and four vehicles might also be an issue…that being said nothing drives like a MB and I have owned at least one for 38 years , starting as a young first lieutenant in Germany…same part probably 3-400 bucks on any of my other cars…that particular C series is a smoking hot machine…

Thats what is drawing me in, I've wanted a performance machine and this just might check the mid life boxes.

Not to dissuade you from the C450, as Mecedes has a good reputation for build quality, but high price to fix/maintain.

You looked at a similar year CTS VSport? 430HP TT-V6 and very well balanced. It will scratch the performance itch while still being reliable and fairly cheap to maintain. Same basic engine as the ATS-V (LF-series engines). Keep in mind this is not the CTS-V with the 640HP blown V8 that costs $90K used, this is generally sub-$40K used with 40K miles.

8e239be88de56cad05c9ebceb7e53d22.jpg

Last edited:
If you can wait it out for a few more weeks worth of rising gas prices, you should be able to get a good deal on a guzzler.

Wasn't meant to be, it was gone this morning. Got the Exploder, thats what I was looking for anyways. But I sure wanted to test drive and be tempted by that MB.

Back