Think you might like Alaska?

Yes! My son and I were there with my 170 a few years ago. It is an incredibly beautiful place. Not having a bush plane, we didn’t go into the rough places he shows, but had plenty of challenges with some of the little village strips. All the people we met were very friendly. I want to go back!

Wow!!

edit: I'm going to have wallpaper pictures for years.

Last edited:
Holy freaking cow! My bro-in-law moves to Anchorage with the Army in March. I might have to try and bump the 'to Alaska' trip up on the list and get it done this year!

What a piece of outrageous propaganda! There's nothing like that around these parts! Nothing to see here, move along...
;)

What a piece of outrageous propaganda! There's nothing like that around these parts! Nothing to see here, move along...
;)

OK, just had my 3AM coffee coming out my nose:goofy:
I'm loading the plane this summer and gonna find out myself!
Dave.

;)

LOL... don't worry; the weather will send people back where they came from after a few months, eh?

;)

;)

OK.. Thanks for clearing this up for me! I'm glad I didn't waste my time coming up there, then! I'll just stay here in the flatlands of Iowa since there's no scenery to see up there in Alaska.

Waiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute............. ;)

What an adventure... and so many of those photos made me think "I'd hate to lose an engine there..."!

Back