Things you don't hear everyday

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
DFW has been telling every plane that checks in with tower for takeoff (switching from Ground to Tower):

"We've been told to pass the following urgent message along to all aircraft: verify ALL RNAV waypoints against your Jepp plates."

I want to know "the rest of the story". SOMETHING had to have happened. Funny thing is, they don't say what to do if you find a conflict... believe your Jepp, or your RNAV database?

On another note, went and flew approaches into AFW last night; was so NICE now that the cold front moved through and the temps are 30 degrees cooler than they've been. GAWD, I love the fall season!

Troy Whistman said:
DFW has been telling every plane that checks in with tower for takeoff (switching from Ground to Tower):

"We've been told to pass the following urgent message along to all aircraft: verify ALL RNAV waypoints against your Jepp plates."

I want to know "the rest of the story". SOMETHING had to have happened. Funny thing is, they don't say what to do if you find a conflict... believe your Jepp, or your RNAV database?

I think I heard about a bunch of errors that crept into a recent Jeppesen DB used to update most IFR GPS units. Could be something like that. As to which to believe, I'd probably go with the paper. At least you can mark that up if there's a NOTAM on the approach. Best would be to query ATC, I think if you find a discrepancy.

Back