Things to Bring.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Off the top of my head here's my list of things to bring, other than your normal camping supplies. Oh, and we do have a shower up and running at the school off the west end of the airport. The parking/camping area will be at the west end of the field this year.

Cash. If you plan on buying anything at the local places, you're going to need cash. The nearest ATM is 20 miles away.

Bug Spray. Might have bugs, might not. Better to be safe than sorry.

Tie downs. Sandy soil, it won't be like driving into the concrete at Gaston's last year.

Grubby clothes. We have 5 or 6 ATVs and I will be going riding. So will you.

If any of you like to fish there are PLENTY of places to go fishing, and a license an be bought at the gas station adjacent to the field.

We will have vehicles up there that we can you to run to the next town that has a grocery store in case anyone feels the need for, well, whatever you might feel the need for.

I'm gonna bring the archer 'cauz kent keeps hogging the Skylane :)

Pete

HOPEFULLY, we can get the prop on the RV worked out so I can actually bring an AIRPLANE! *fingers crossed*

noted, thanks Ed. good thing you mentioned the cash thing. i never carry cash.

noted, thanks Ed. good thing you mentioned the cash thing. i never carry cash.
HAHA. Last year a certain twosome never gave it a thought. My guess is these city slickers never been in the woods before.

I am not sure there is enough beer in Sidnaw to a) induce me to take the mike at a karaoke place, and b) induce those nearby to listen. :no:

-Skip
Note to self: bring much beer.

Last edited:
im just worried about bears...and bigfoot. leah says if we put our food in the airplane they wont eat us. i said "what if they eat the airplane!?"

Ed, this being the UP and all, is there any decent beer available (Micros etc), or should we pack our own?

Pete

Ed, this being the UP and all, is there any decent beer available (Micros etc), or should we pack our own?

Pete

Micro brews? In the UP? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pack your own micro beer. There is your standard Bud Light and such at the bars and gas station.

Don't forget your Tent/Chairs.

And yeah, Cash is a big deal there. I was 1/2 of the reason we had to drive for like 50 minutes to find an ATM, thereby missing all of the hot bar action that night.

This is what I am bringing

1 .45 automatic.
2 boxes of ammunition.
4 days' concentrated emergency rations.
1 drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills.
1 miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible.
100 dollars in rubles.
100 dollars in gold. 9 packs of chewing gum.
1 issue of prophylactics.
3 lipsticks.
3 pairs of nylon stockings.

A guy could have a pretty good weekend in Sidnaw with all that stuff! ;)

damn scott, if thats what it takes to have fun in sidnaw...

This is what I am bringing

1 .45 automatic.
2 boxes of ammunition.
1 drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills.
100 dollars in rubles.
3 lipsticks.

A guy could have a pretty good weekend in Sidnaw with all that stuff! ;)

I been to three state fairs and rodeo and that's the craziest thing I ever heard coming over a set of earphones.

Last edited:
Did someone say fishing? :D Whoo hoo!

Here, fishy fishy...

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 30
1 .45 automatic.
2 boxes of ammunition.
100 dollars in rubles.
3 lipsticks.

Hmmm, that's my standard issue survival kit! Guess I'm ready!

Hmmm, that's my standard issue survival kit! Guess I'm ready!

I'd have to triple the runway length, or close off the highway next to the airport for you to be able to get in there.

I'd have to triple the runway length, or close off the highway next to the airport for you to be able to get in there.

Not to mention, make it asphalt, put in an ILS and cigar bar. :D

Listen to that attached wav file.

I was close. Not bad for something from memory.

What's the title of the binder Gen. Turdgeson has in the War Room, that he grabs when he hears the Russians are coming?

I was close. Not bad for something from memory.

What's the title of the binder Gen. Turdgeson has in the War Room, that he grabs when he hears the Russians are coming?
I had just downloaded that a little before you posted the quote. I wanted to make that a ringer for when a message arrives on my phone.

I had just downloaded that a little before you posted the quote. I wanted to make that a ringer for when a message arrives on my phone.

Wow! Good idea!

I just grabbed "The Blues Brothers" on HD. I'l get ring tones off of that, "Jesus, tap-dancing, Christ! I have seen the light!" That movie was lot better than people think. In HD I can ID more of the locations.

The end chase scene goes from Route 53 in Rolling Meadows at night, cut to the Kennedy exit at Canfield - near Park Ridge where the early chase scenes were - to the back lot at Universal Studios to, of course, Wacker Drive at dawn. Those cars moved at light speed, or maybe not if it took that long to get downtown. :p

Wow! Good idea!

I just grabbed "The Blues Brothers" on HD. I'l get ring tones off of that, "Jesus, tap-dancing, Christ! I have seen the light!" That movie was lot better than people think. In HD I can ID more of the locations.

The end chase scene goes from Route 53 in Rolling Meadows at night, cut to the Kennedy exit at Canfield - near Park Ridge where the early chase scenes were - to the back lot at Universal Studios to, of course, Wacker Drive at dawn. Those cars moved at light speed, or maybe not if it took that long to get downtown. :p

When all the Ill State Troopers crash on the 'highway' that is real near my house. They filmed that on Rt 12 in Wauconda near the Rt 176 exit ramps. There was also a scene at Bangs Lake in Wauconda. That movie is great!!! Best of all the Saturday Night Live Alum movies.

When all the Ill State Troopers crash on the 'highway' that is real near my house. They filmed that on Rt 12 in Wauconda near the Rt 176 exit ramps. There was also a scene at Bangs Lake in Wauconda. That movie is great!!! Best of all the Saturday Night Live Alum movies.

Oh, yeah! I knew I knew here that Pharmacy on the corner was. I was thinking Park Ridge or Wilmette. I remember when they were filming and we heard they were all over the place. I thought "The Place Hotel Ballroom" was in Wauconda, but it coudl have been a studio set or anywhere in the U.S.

They blew up a gas station somewhere out there and that never made it onto the movie. I guess when they edited they decided they had one explosion too many. You gotta figure that Carrie blew up the gas station where Jake and Elwood met Twiggy.

In HD I could also see that the false storefronts in the Dixie Mall that the cars ran into had CARPET under them, sos not to scratch the real floor. It look very much like the drivers sped by real stores and real people to hit the phony stores.

I wanna know which Belushi cousin the record producer at the end was. Man, was he an amateur. Couldn't figure out where to put his hands.

Oh. I'm fairly convinced that the "Mr. Man" lady once was my babysitter. Her name is Toni.

Last edited:
I thought the mall chase was in Schamburg. That mall was scheduled for demolition, right?

Can you imagine going those speeds on Lower Whacker? I laugh when Elwood says, "This is Lower Whacker alright."

I was in Prospect when that movie was filmed.

Hey Ed..

Should we plan on bringing a couple of those fold-up bag chairs? We can bring them if necessary, but if there will be places to park our rear ends, it would be nice to save the space in the plane.

chris,

ed is now in the UP. not sure if he is within 100 miles of cell phone or internet coverage. I would say bring em if you got room. and then if you have more room bring one for me.

Anyone know if cell phones work up in Sidnaw????

Pete

Ed did call me last night and left a message. it was slightly broken. i tried calling him back but it went to voicemail. so basically im saying maybe but probably not very well.

Anyone know if cell phones work up in Sidnaw????

I managed to get a usable Cingular signal last year by standing underneath a telephone pole, standing on one foot, and extending my arm out to the side. That's about as good as you'll get. See discussion re: proximity of Starbucks to Sidnaw. :D

Last year I got reliable signal on the north side of the field for the entire length. Broken towards the middle and dropped on the south side.

I also got signal in Brad's backyard but not at Mom's.

OTOH, do you really really need your cell? It's only a couple days? (Blasphemous, I know.)

Back