Things I've learned during the eclipse.

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
1. Eclipse is awesome. Well worth it to watch the totality. Got some nice pics too
2. I've found the plane my wife likes. Yep, it's the Cirrus(has 0 to do with the parachute). For the first time ever she slept in the back on both flights. She likes it because it's fast and smooth. If it weren't for the last landing(my second night landing in that plane) that I kind of botched and had to do a go-around, the trip would have been perfect. She even warmed up to a purchase idea(!!) that was non-starter only a few days ago.
3. We both found the perfect mode of mountain road transportation for us. A cruiser(bagger actually - Vulcan 900). Comfy, smooth, reasonable handling, room for stuff, lack of any desire to go very fast, and, most importantly, she does not get sick on it. We had spend hours just exploring places. Most I've already seen as a blur while riding sport bikes... Now I got to experience the views. She was in awe of the scenery.

Anyway, 3 days, 5.9h flight time, 400+ miles on some of the best roads on the east coast(Smokies)= surprisingly happy wife and very happy husband.

Last edited:
Back