Things I learned at my first Airventure

Oddly enough, someone was just bitching about how bad the showers were in Vintage and how EAA needed to "upgrade" them to the North 40 variety! :rofl:

IMO, the trailers and the new shower buildings (the white ones - I think there's just one in North 40 and one in Scholler so far) are both good, the older shower buildings (the red ones) aren't so good for the reasons you mention.

That explains it. I was by the red ones!

After an absence from OSH while I was living overseas last decade I flew in 2015. They parked me in a row not far from the temporary North 40 camp store tent.

Total disbelief over the improvement in the closest (white) washroom facility :eek:. No vegetable sprayers? Flush toilets! Individual sinks with a good mirror to shave!!

Wanton luxury. :D

After an absence from OSH while I was living overseas last decade I flew in 2015. They parked me in a row not far from the temporary North 40 camp store tent.

Total disbelief over the improvement in the closest (white) washroom facility :eek:. No vegetable sprayers? Flush toilets! Individual sinks with a good mirror to shave!!

Wanton luxury. :D

We ended up parking right next to that washroom. It was great actually

They improve the facilities all the time.

Our first trip in 2017 we got stuck at FLD also. We arrived late because of bad weather to the east. We were stuck overnight in WV. Turned out great in that we camped with some super cool people and had a rental car from a friend that flew commercial. The shuttle is overpriced I think.

This year we had MVFR/IFR from NJ to OH, but the IR made that a non issue. We flew into OSH and camped at Scholler in a rental RV. Sweetness!

Hahah yeah there is that. The RV made that a little better, but we still had to prioritize the porta potties. Pump out at OSH is expensive, and ours was a trailer that couldn’t be moved to the free dump station by us.

I have to admit, by the end of Oshkosh I was ready to never again in my life use a portapotty. One night I walked over to Target mostly so I could crap indoors.

If you know where to look, there are several trailer type bathrooms units on site. They are air conditioned, which makes them a much improved option over dropping anchor in a porta pottie.

If you know where to look, there are several trailer type bathrooms units on site. They are air conditioned, which makes them a much improved option over dropping anchor in a porta pottie.

There's also normal flush toilets in some of the shower buildings (old and new) in Scholler, the new shower building in the North 40, and two of the exhibit hangars in addition to said trailers. #OshkoshProsKnowWhereToPoop

There's also normal flush toilets in some of the shower buildings (old and new) in Scholler, the new shower building in the North 40, and two of the exhibit hangars in addition to said trailers. #OshkoshProsKnowWhereToPoop
********, I was camped next to Basler. That’s a long damn way from the N 40 showers. What it isn’t a long way from is the Hilton and Target.

I have to admit, by the end of Oshkosh I was ready to never again in my life use a portapotty. One night I walked over to Target mostly so I could crap indoors.

Lol! Actually, I’m amazed at how clean they keep them, at least Sun-Tues. I figured by a day or two they’d be disgusting. Sure, it’s still a portapot, but they keep em fresher than a county fair/race/construction site!

********, I was camped next to Basler. That’s a long damn way from the N 40 showers. What it isn’t a long way from is the Hilton and Target.

The little trailer that's at the northern fence of the airport just east of the Hilton is much closer to where you were, then, and has some of the best showers on site. I bet Basler has a toilet too. ;)

How on earth did you end up there? :eek:
That's barely in the same county as the rest of the show. Hell, Fond du Lac might be closer to Boeing Plaza than you were. :rolleyes:

How on earth did you end up there? :eek:
That's barely in the same county as the rest of the show. Hell, Fond du Lac might be closer to Boeing Plaza than you were. :rolleyes:
Came in after the storms on Sunday and that was about the only place on the field that was dry.

I owned a two Mooneys for a decade, and was 5'10", no problem. A 172 is a nice trainer, but it is no 201.
A 201 can go about 75 mph faster and ceiling is 17,800 or about 4500 above a 172.

Back