Things been kinda slow

John Recine

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John Recine
With work and out of town, things been gooing kinda slow building lately. I can say that sanding is too exciting however it does have its place in the airplane building process. So its sand some , glue some, wait some and sand somemore.

Still trying to score some metal for the spars ad other areas I want to do in aluminium I think the combination will look pretty nice, if I can ever get the metal, seems ironic for someone that works for a large metal company.

Not much to report these days in the pietenpol build. I figured with no one posting I should atleast make some sounds and signs of live in the build.

Pictures to date dont show much progress as they have small changes nothing too dramatic so not much to say.

If the metal comes through I'll be making the sides and other parts out of it, combined with the fabric the combination should be pretty striking. I expect to know about the metal next week. I am getting behind on the project due to the metal, as I have to commit to metal or continue witht he wood, either way I have to get moving and start making more progress.

Well thats the update for those that are interested in the Piet project progress.

John

You know where you might want to look for the aluminum, John? We have a place here (I'm sure most cities have them), that specializes in countertops and kitchen stuff. Mostly aluminum and stainless steel....

Back