They call it --- Pay forward

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
As most of you know by now I wanted badly to help out with the Minam Lodge airlift project. Well you also know that my wife is quite ill, and I had to have someone to be with her. I had it all covered as my oldest daughter Diane was visiting. However she had a medical problem that required her to have to suddenly return to CA. I put out a call to my little home town to see if I could get some volunteers to sit with my wife on the two days I would be gone. I planned on having them only do two hour blocks on one of the days until I got home that night.
I got more people to call then I could use. Gary and Ann McClellan, I had taken them into the Minam and Big Creek. Shirley Pressley, I had taken her husband into Red's horse ranch. and the Owyhee. Sharon Mahan, She had asked me several years ago to help her son, that had just returned from Desert Storm, to fix small engines. I let him use my shop, my electricity, my phone. He had been one of my Freshmen BB players at one time. Katrinia Dayton, I had taken her and her husband to the Owyhee on a pleasure flight, Ruby White, I had taken her husband Bob White to the Minam at one time.
One after another they came and they took care of Essie so I could go and do this project I wanted so badly to help with.
I have said it before do good things for others and expect nothing in return, and good things will happen .... I found out that that is so true .......... Pay forward.

So how did the event go or did you post about that in the other thread?

I posted it on here but I guess you missed it look on the second page of this section under Skybobbs Minam Lodge report . It went well and I posted a bunch of pictures as well.

Last edited:
I will always include her in my prayers. I do wish your wife more strength and better health condition so that she can enjoy day with you> i a also touched by how people in your neighborhood are willing to do a good deed for you, i do believe in paying it forward, i am sure a lot of blessings await for those who have kind hearts.

Well she wears a .50 back pain patch and is taking other pain meds for breakout pain. I didn't mean to make it sound like we weren't trying to take care of the pain.

I will always include her in my prayers. I do wish your wife more strength and better health condition so that she can enjoy day with you> i a also touched by how people in your neighborhood are willing to do a good deed for you, i do believe in paying it forward, i am sure a lot of blessings await for those who have kind hearts.

I got back a little earlier on Sunday then I expected, and I called to tell a friend since grade school, of Essie's, that she didn't need to come in. She said she had to because she just taken the pie she baked for Essie out of the oven. She knew Essie loves raisin pie and so she had fixed one for her. What an out pouring of support for my wife and me.

Marilyn Justus said that she was glad to come and sit with my wife, as I had scattered her mothers ashes when they had asked me a few years back. And had given them that nice ride south when they saw the elk on Cedar mountain.

Back