These TFR's and "security blankets" are getting ridiculous

"That's the norm for a presidential visit," said Stephanie Saracco, chief operating officer of the Allegheny County Airport Authority.
It has been that big for a while. Still stinks though. Considering the amount of bluster happening that is being directed towards POTUS I doubt anyone in the SS will be willing to listen to reducing security at this time.

I have contacted the White House, and my legislators regarding TFR's. I suggest you do the same. This IS ridiculous.

Been there, done that 3x. Heck, I gave money to my local Congresscritters campaign, and told her in person to her face.

"That's the norm for a presidential visit," said Stephanie Saracco"

as in, "you should come to accept this"
as in, "no point in arguing"
as in, "Yeah. So?"

Arrogantly imposing their restriction of freedoms on the populous.
See my past thread on 'too much regulation of aviation.' (and our quiet acceptance)

Is there any way to get an anti-TFR established?

Just a thought...

Is there any way to get an anti-TFR established?

We could arrange group flyovers where allowed, which will just result in more teeth gnashing and calls for restrictions on "the wild west."

We could arrange group flyovers where allowed, which will just result in more teeth gnashing and calls for restrictions on "the wild west."

That's a protest by those dangerous little airplane renegades threatening security and safety which would result in more rules against us until we end up with airspace restrictions resembling North Korea.

The TFR types can legitimately call and declare a TFR and cause grief for us so I was thinking fair's fair so there should be a way to make the same kind of call and declare an anti-TFR area where planes are always allowed to fly.

How is the world did we survive before TFRs? Shoulda been TFRs over NYC on 9/11. Just more control, brothers, and more to come.

Ok, sure. Which one is passionate enough and honest enough to eliminate TFR's and, here's the kicker, can and will actually do it? :dunno:

The problem is the apathetic voter. No one wants to challenge those elected to these offices by throwing them out come election time. That's why you have career politicians dying of old age in office.

Elections have consequences.

The only way I can think of challenging a TFR is if every pilot "LEGALLY" files to fly during it, through it, and from to and from an airport in it. Just think what would happen if there were 1,000,000 filings.

How is the world did we survive before TFRs? Shoulda been TFRs over NYC on 9/11. Just more control, brothers, and more to come.
Wouldn't have helped. Remember, Part 121 ops are allowed in the TFR!:loco: What we should do is make sure that they apply to Part 121 ops TOO, and then the general populace will start to feel some of the pain.

Wouldn't have helped. Remember, Part 121 ops are allowed in the TFR!:loco: What we should do is make sure that they apply to Part 121 ops TOO, and then the general populace will start to feel some of the pain.
That will NEVER happen because they are major contributors to the economy. What needs to be proven is the money generated by GA and how it contributes. Hit them where it counts.
Perhaps when we have temporary boating restrictions and temporary driving restrictions that cover 30 miles from the pres, THEN the public will figure it out.
The Kennedy funeral today just shut down a couple of city blocks. A minor inconvenience for what, 40 families and a few businesses?

That will NEVER happen because they are major contributors to the economy. What needs to be proven is the money generated by GA and how it contributes. Hit them where it counts.
Perhaps when we have temporary boating restrictions and temporary driving restrictions that cover 30 miles from the pres, THEN the public will figure it out.
The Kennedy funeral today just shut down a couple of city blocks. A minor inconvenience for what, 40 families and a few businesses?

GA buys as much fuel in a year as US drivers consume in a day.

Face it -- we're a tiny fraction of everything.

On a positive TFR note, as I was flying past Omaha yesterday I saw a TFR on the MFD screen over Offut AFB. I wondered who was visiting, 'til I heard on the freq that the Blue Angels were performing at that very moment. As I was vectored around the TFR I had a cool aerial view of the action.

All my life, I always wanted to see the Blue Angels. Two months ago I finally did at the Quonset Airshow, and I didn't even know they were scheduled. Now I get to see them by air. Good things come to those who wait.

But these prez TFRs?? Outfrippinrageous.

Thought about flying up toward IPT today just 'cause it's a nice day and I need to take the plane up.

Biden is at the LLWS. Scotch that idea.

Don't feel like dealing with the hassle of the SFRA on one end and the TFR on the other. It'll have to wait for another time....

We might be a small portion of the population, but the money spent to enforce these TFRs and SFRAs runs into the millions. Make the sheeple aware that gobs of their money are going to regulate the most erudite and patriotic members of their society who pose no threat according to the security agencies themselves and you might get somewhere. If there were any decent investigative journalism left in the US it might even happen, but there isn't and it won't.

We might be a small portion of the population, but the money spent to enforce these TFRs and SFRAs runs into the millions. Make the sheeple aware that gobs of their money are going to regulate the most erudite and patriotic members of their society who pose no threat according to the security agencies themselves and you might get somewhere. If there were any decent investigative journalism left in the US it might even happen, but there isn't and it won't.

"anything for security".

Just look at the public reaction to having to hand over birthdates and other info to TSA for the airlines. "Well, if it makes us safer".

It costs oodles. No one really cares. Politicians don't want to cut it because they would be branded as "soft on security". Bureaucrats don't want to reduce it because they don't want to be blamed. And citizens, well many of them believe the kabuki (not withstanding that many don't like "rich folks in their toys").

"anything for security".

Just look at the public reaction to having to hand over birthdates and other info to TSA for the airlines. "Well, if it makes us safer".

It costs oodles. No one really cares. Politicians don't want to cut it because they would be branded as "soft on security". Bureaucrats don't want to reduce it because they don't want to be blamed. And citizens, well many of them believe the kabuki (not withstanding that many don't like "rich folks in their toys").

Well that is because....wait for it...

People are stupid

Does that include bureaucrats and politicians? :confused:

If you assume that they are "people" (a stretch, I know), then yes, it does.

But they don't think so; they think that they are MUCH smarter than the rest of us.

If you assume that they are "people" (a stretch, I know), then yes, it does.

But they don't think so; they think that they are MUCH smarter than the rest of us.

They must be - they get entire regions shut down so they can be "securely" flown in with personal turbine aircraft.

Last edited:
Back