Thermawing needs to be deactivated

yea i saw that too. bummer deal for everyone who shelled out the extra cash for it.

Guess I'm going to have to go back to the heat tape idea on the 182.:rofl:

I have been waxing my leading edges with this. A blond mechanic told me it was a good idea

200.jpg

As for the Columbia that really stink. My guess is that there will be some sort of AD to add a thermistor or resister to limit the amount of current to the heating element.

What's wrong with my 4 pipe defrost heat tapes, multiposition switch, and AC inverter?

I am going to pipe the exhaust into the leading edge, take off the wing tips and let it blow out there. I figure I can cut the exhaust pipes off near the end of the cans, shunt new tubing through the firewall (nice heat source, can do away with the factory cabin heat), run the tubing up (safety wired to the door post of course) and into the leading edge at the root. Maybe a little R12 insulation from the attic near the fuel tank.
Full time heat, no need to valve it. It'll be just like the bigboys with their hot wings!

Dave-

That'll either make the plane whisper quiet (enormous mufflers) or extra loud (wings are giant resonators).

Maybe they should let the ice accumulate a while before turning on the heater- then the latent heat required to melt the ice will keep the system nice & cool until the ice melts:dunno:

Dave, Just never throttle back or the ice will accumulate...:rofl:

Back