There's something wrong with this picture...

Ateaist

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ateaist
I guess it's that empty seat on the right:

Solo 4-12-13.JPG

So how was it? Well, some butterflies taxiing to the run-up, some embarrasment when asking ground control for take-off clearance, but otherwise kind of like when having sex for the first time: Not quite what I expected, it was over pretty quickly and I can't wait to do it all over again!

Nice, congrats! Took pretty much the exact same pic on my first solo

Please don't take photos while solo. You're supposed to be flying the plane.

It only takes an instant to get disoriented, and it can be pretty tough for a student to recover.

Empty right seat, did you declare an emergency?

Just kidding, nice job. You'll never forget it.

Please don't take photos while solo. You're supposed to be flying the plane.

It only takes an instant to get disoriented, and it can be pretty tough for a student to recover.

Fair point, thinking the flight over later that day I realized it wasn't my best decision. Pattern was empty, air was smooth, and I was feeling way ahead of the airplane, but still, looking back, shouldn't have taken the few seconds for the pic. Mistake made, lesson learned, but still glad to have the pic. Cool reminder of the solo to go with the logbook entry.

So how was it? Well, some butterflies taxiing to the run-up, some embarrasment when asking ground control for take-off clearance, but otherwise kind of like when having sex for the first time: Not quite what I expected, it was over pretty quickly and I can't wait to do it all over again!

:rofl: TMI.

Congrats, nonetheless! :D

Back