There was a flock over at Stuttgart today....

brian]

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
brian]
A flock of jets... A beech premiere, a Falcon, a citation, and a lowly plataus...

The two Cessnas doing touch and goes scared me away - one in the pattern for 9 and the other in the pattern for 18!

Hope they didn't scare the predatory jets away. We have too many ducks!

brian];1949420 said:
A flock of jets... A beech premiere, a Falcon, a citation, and a lowly plataus...

The two Cessnas doing touch and goes scared me away - one in the pattern for 9 and the other in the pattern for 18!

Hope they didn't scare the predatory jets away. We have too many ducks!

Hoped they all worked it out...:hairraise:

I guess so. All was working ok with the turbines taking off on 18 and departing to the south. One 172 was doing pattern work on 9... Not really a factor. Then a 172 did a last minute call and inserted himself in the pattern for 18.

Happens from time to time over there. The nervousness in the voices of the professional jet drivers is truly priceless.

Cessna in the pattern..... Uh..... Hey bud, are you a uh, I mean, are you a jet or......?

Negative. 172 slant alpha on the 45 for downwind runway 0ne eight.

KNOCK IT OFF GHOST RIDERS, KNOCK IT OFF. BUG OUT SOUTH FOR THE CONVERGING SPARROWS.

What no ME-109's?

Cessna in the pattern..... Uh..... Hey bud, are you a uh, I mean, are you a jet or......?

Negative. 172 slant alpha on the 45 for downwind runway 0ne eight.

KNOCK IT OFF GHOST RIDERS, KNOCK IT OFF. BUG OUT SOUTH FOR THE CONVERGING SPARROWS.

It's pretty easy to pick the voices apart:

Skyhawk driver: um, 9 um 18, downwind... um... um... turning base... um final

Citation driver (likely watching a dot orbit on a display): Stuttgart municipal airport, Citation 20 miles east of the field landing 18. (pause) Stuttgart municipal airport. Any traffic in the pattern? Please advise. (pause, then with a quivering voice) Stuttgart municipal airport, please advise traffic in the pattern. (usually followed with another attempt an maybe an answer.)

I was headed into Cody from the north once, and Cessna 12345 was departing. My eastern eyes had a hard time seeing the field, but if couldn't even see the departing traffic. His third call was "Cessna . . . Uh . . . Citation 12345 departing Cody to the east," and I easily saw him going over the 14,000' mountains. Finally saw the field just before I went past it, I was looking too far away.

It is!

I'm too lazy to actually shoot one myself. I just go pick a frozen one up at Walmart.

But we have way too many ducks (seriously) and we do like those jets coming in with guys in suits to shoot those ducks (also seriously).

But it sure is fun listening to those polished professional pilots try to mix a multi million dollar jet into the pattern with a couple of run out C172s. Ok, maybe I enjoy the conversation a bit too much ;)

I was headed into Cody from the north once, and Cessna 12345 was departing. My eastern eyes had a hard time seeing the field, but if couldn't even see the departing traffic. His third call was "Cessna . . . Uh . . . Citation 12345 departing Cody to the east," and I easily saw him going over the 14,000' mountains. Finally saw the field just before I went past it, I was looking too far away.

Which Cody was that?

It is!

I'm too lazy to actually shoot one myself. I just go pick a frozen one up at Walmart.

But we have way too many ducks (seriously) and we do like those jets coming in with guys in suits to shoot those ducks (also seriously).

But it sure is fun listening to those polished professional pilots try to mix a multi million dollar jet into the pattern with a couple of run out C172s. Ok, maybe I enjoy the conversation a bit too much ;)
Brian, do you know if SGT has hangar space for weekend/nightly rental for single engine piston?

Duck hunting was great in northeast Arkansas prior to the advent of GPS and social media. Completely ruined a wonderful thing. I grew up hunting the river bottom timber. I've given up on duck hunting. Now either find myself sitting still in a deer stand for hours or flying my plane, a slight change of pace.

Haha - thought you were talking about Stuttgart, Germany... :oops:

Funny.
Haha - thought you were talking about Stuttgart, Germany... :oops:

Funny. I'm in Stuttgart! Was surprised at the amount of light GA on the ramp. Couldn't imagine that the place would be uncontrolled.

That brat looks good. Needs a little mustard and onion.

Look closer (not at her cleavage) and you'll see onion and mustard, unless you mean more of them, boobs included? :D

Back