The worst day of fishing...

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Is better than the best day of working!! Of course, I do have to work tonight, but still...very apt statement.

Today my dad and I went fishing when I got out of work this morning (at 7:00am) to celebrate his 56th birthday. We decided we'd try to find a place on the Rio Grande that didn't look like a chemical factory had been dumping their waste right there, so we headed north of Albuquerque a little ways.

We found a place called the "Middle Rio Grande Conservation Area and Diversion Channel Head."

It had a nice little waterfall and the water was murky, but not disease ridden and stinky. We had an awesome time. We didn't catch anything, but we got a lot of bites and I think I may have found a new favorite place. Of course I had my camera with me but didn't think to take any pictures. Sigh.

Oh - and my fingers still stink of worms and powerbait. I love that smell.

Next year maybe he'll let me fly him somewhere.

I'll just say right off the top that salt water the best. I've spent a life time on the oceans. To summarize, no one should be allowed to die until they've caught at least one large tuna.

But....one of the best days I ever had was fly fishing some dinky lil creek for bluegill. Lord Almighty, that was a good day---sun streaming through the cottonwoods, smell of fresh cut hay in the air, just me and my friend Craig who works as a guide in BC. Didn't even mind gettin the line tangled in the tree limbs. Later, we scampered over to a nearby rock waterfall for some cliff jumping.

Your description of your fishin hole reminded me of this. Fishing with your Dad is part of the American Dream.

GMascelli said:
The worst day of fishing........is still better the the best day of work!!

Even if you fly for a living? Or, what if you are a fisherman for a living?

Back