dalealan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dalealan
Our World Today...

It’s been snowing all night. So the morning goes like this;

8:00 I made a snowman.

8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn’t make a snow woman.

8:15 So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 The nanny of the neighbors complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest.

8:20 The gay couple living nearby grumbled that it could have been two snowmen instead.

8:25 The vegans at No. 12 complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 The Muslim gent across the road wants the snow woman to wear a headscarf.

8:40 Someone calls the cops who show up to see what’s going on.

8:42 I am told that the broomstick of the snowman needs to be removed because it could be used as a deadly weapon. Things get worse after I mutter : "Yeah, if it's up your a***"

8:45 Local TV news crew shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.

8:52 My phone is seized and thoroughly checked while I am being blindfolded and flown to the police station in a helicopter.

9:00 I'm on the news as a suspected terrorist bent on stirring up trouble during this difficult weather.

9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices.

9:29 A little known jihadist group has claimed it was their plot.

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It’s just the America we live in today!

Very Observant post. Go to your safe place.

The world is changing, for the better. There is no room for:
Racism
Religious persecution
Sexism
Sexual harassment

If you feel your right to make snowmen is being suppressed, we live in a free world and you are welcome to speak your mind. If your snowman is truly offensive in some way and people call you out on that, that is their right, as well.

The snow man receiving a snow job in public in your front yard probably didn't go over too well with the cops either.

That is America on Facebook and social media. That is not the America in your neighborhood

politically-correct-america-being-ruined-by-cry-babies-who-let-words-not-directed-their-way-hurt-the.jpg

8:26 The environmentalists complained about the coal for eyes.

8:27 EVERYONE complained about the corncob pipe!

So your snow man was changed to a snow woman. Did it feel like it was a snow woman or a snow man..????

The world is changing, for the better. There is no room for:
Racism
Religious persecution
Sexism
Sexual harassment

If you feel your right to make snowmen is being suppressed, we live in a free world and you are welcome to speak your mind. If your snowman is truly offensive in some way and people call you out on that, that is their right, as well.

Plenty of room for idiots who can’t figure out context and pretend everything personally offends them, though.

Might be a stretch to say “the world” is better, too. “The world” is still pretty much a crap-hole full of all that stuff above. A few rich spoiled countries have large populations that believe they’ve eradicated those things, who again, are mostly idiots.

Unfortunately, a "Lighten up, Francis!" seems to lead to more charges of "-ism" these days.

Well they did change cockpit to flightdeck...

Very Observant post. Go to your safe place.

And don't forget your emotional support __________ (fill in your preference of mammal, reptile or insect).

Nothing ever changes. Grumpy old men complain about how bad things are and how much better they were in they youth of said grumpy old men. Thankfully everyone knows to ignore grumpy old men except when they're in charge of everything.

I wonder how offended people would be if there weren't so many other people telling them how offended they should be?

Yeah, too masculine and sexist.

Actually, I've always thought of cockpit as a very unmasculine term. Just saying.

Of course, we all know that cockpit comes from old sailing vessels, to describe the steerage area where the coxswain worked. Other than the fact that all sailors were men, it doesn't really have a gender.

Nothing ever changes. Grumpy old men complain about how bad things are and how much better they were in they youth of said grumpy old men. Thankfully everyone knows to ignore grumpy old men except when they're in charge of everything.

It sounds like you're complaining ;)

An airline pilot friend of mine mentioned she was flying an unmanned flight a couple weeks ago, I almost asked that question.

Yeah I asked one of our female Captains once as she was taxing out, and I was taxing in, if she called it a cockpit. No, she replied, it's a box office. Her FO was a female as well. All in fun as I knew both, and they were cool.

Back