The world is over

WTF?!?!?!?

Exercise your dog!

I thought that 2 wheel segway contraption was a sure sign this civilization was about to collapse.
That was until I saw someone actually using that dog stroller a few months ago.

Total Fruitcakes...

It's a DOG. Sheesh. Show me a dog that doesn't like to walk and I'll show you a dog that's completely dead. Not mostly dead, completely totally irreversably dead.

Heck, the dog I'm puppysitting right this moment is crashed out..and running in his sleep. They can't even sleep without trying to walk.

Notice how most of those dogs look miserable? Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Little known fact: Most dog behavior issues can be solved by... walking your dog! Yes! If you walk your dog on a daily basis (30 minutes per day minimum) and actually lead the walk as opposed to letting the dog lead you, about 90% of behavior issues will be solved in a remarkably short period of time. This is partly because of establishing the pack order, and partly because of the exercise. At the very least, giving dogs 30 minutes of exercise daily is important. Leaving them outside doesn't count to that 30 minutes, even if they run around for fun, it's not the same.

I have a 100 lb Rottweiler (who loves Missa :D). When I got him, he had a good number of behavior issues. A sweet dog overall, but thought he was in charge, had separation anxiety issues, disobedient. While he certainly is not perfect a year later, the SPCA and the vet (both of whom knew him before I adopted him) are amazed at how much progress he's made. The biggest thing I credit on that is the walking, with good discipline being a close second.

I also worked with pit bulls at the SPCA who had been abused and had some more significant behavior issues. In about 10 minutes of walking them around they understood who was leader and they loved me and were behaving.

No wonder most dogs are so screwed up and people are putting them on ritalin and anti-depressants...

I also worked with pit bulls at the SPCA who had been abused and had some more significant behavior issues. In about 10 minutes of walking them around they understood who was leader and they loved me and were behaving.

No wonder most dogs are so screwed up and people are putting them on ritalin and anti-depressants...

Sounds like a lot of parents and their disobedient children. Time to get the leashes on them and start walkin! :D

Sounds like a lot of parents and their disobedient children. Time to get the leashes on them and start walkin! :D

Man, I am SOOO gald I was not the only person to think that!

All I could think of after reading this was, and we wonder why kids today are so messed up!

Last edited:
My take is "my aching..." I'd want the opposite product. I'll sit in the "SUV" and the dog can pull me.

My best buddy and I used to make a dog sled with his Black Lab - when we were kids.

sometimes I see pets who we joke that "their feet have never actually touched the floor or ground!" thanks to all the carrying around.

Now let me get this straight, yall are suggesting "exercise and disipline"?!

Disgusting...deep inside every dog is a wild canine whose life consists of two modes: resting or walking. Wild canines earn their living walking and running, and all dogs are wired for walking. Pack discipline comes heavily into play when canines hunt or travel... it's true that just walking your dog makes him a better dog, beyond the exercise.

But... this contraption might be sensible if you have a toy breed and are hustling through an airport or train station with luggage and stuff and can't be bothered with a leashed dog... like a wheeled dog carrier. And for cats, it makes perfect sense. But for a "constitutional"? No way!!
My dog has three legs but I make sure she gets at least two brief walks a day, plus two round-trips up and down four flights of stairs. That's probably why the vet was astonished with her condition at her last checkup (she's about 12), and why she minds me whenever I need her to be at her best when we walk together.

I like the little carts for CATS. I have had one cat I was able to walk on a leash. I started with her when she was just 6 weeks old and made sure that once a day she was on a leash and taken outside. It was a lot of training but she got used to it and would look forward to walks. The cats I have now are too old to train and if we wanted to take them outside without freaking out this would be a good solutions.

The cart could also be used by those city dwellers that have to take the dog to a dog park. Sometimes their urban commute can be quite crowded and the little dogs would be stepped upon by the pedestrians. This would be a good solution for them as well.

sometimes I see pets who we joke that "their feet have never actually touched the floor or ground!" thanks to all the carrying around.

You know the joke about the guy who sees the rich kid in the family limo arriving at his Manhattan apartment. The chauffeur gets out, opens the back door, grabs the kid in his arms and carries him in.

The guy says, "What a shame. All that money and the kid can't walk."
Madame Mom says, "Oh! He can walk but thank god he doesn't have to!"

Back