The wife playing Huey pilot!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
A friend of ours owns a Huey and he took the wife and I up this past weekend during his communities fly-in.

She LOVED the damn thing...hehehehe.

Attachments

• Kim-Huey-Flying.jpg
    Kim-Huey-Flying.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 47
tdager said:
A friend of ours owns a Huey and he took the wife and I up this past weekend during his communities fly-in.

Cool!

My wife loves helicopters, hates planes. Which is fine by me :yes:

RotaryWingBob said:
Cool!

Soul mates huh?

My wife decided she likes low wings better than high wings. She has all kinds of reasons for this preference too.

tdager said:

Well, can you blame her??? Of course she loved it! And by the way, I'm jealous. The closest I ever came to flying a Huey was weighing one and doing a new W&B when I was taking some A&P classes.

RotaryWingBob said:
Cool!

I've found that to be true with a lot of people, women in particular. I think it's the unobstructed view that really tweaks them out, and the fact that we generally don't care about high and fast. I did a lot of sightseeing rides in Montana for gals that had husbands/boyfriends that had planes and they hated flying in planes and even got airsick, but thought the helicopter was completely cool. The best was an 80 year old woman, give or take 5 years, who asked me if she could have the controls and fly. Of course I handed them over immediately. She even helped me coax a few antelope off the runway. I think she went through 10 rolls of film when we got back. What a gal!

Laurie said:
I've found that to be true with a lot of people, women in particular. I think it's the unobstructed view that really tweaks them out, and the fact that we generally don't care about high and fast. I did a lot of sightseeing rides in Montana for gals that had husbands/boyfriends that had planes and they hated flying in planes and even got airsick, but thought the helicopter was completely cool. The best was an 80 year old woman, give or take 5 years, who asked me if she could have the controls and fly. Of course I handed them over immediately. She even helped me coax a few antelope off the runway. I think she went through 10 rolls of film when we got back. What a gal!
Well, you may be right about that, but I hate getting characterized as a woman! I love low and slow! :yes:

But I do think your're right -- my wife likes the unobstructed view, and likes being low. So do I B)

Back