The TSA wants to keep you from taking control of your airplane

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
...in an episode from what Sharkey calls his list of "TSA Follies," he tells of a uniformed pilot who had to wait 10 minutes at security while screeners poured over each item in his carry-on luggage. What took so long for security to clear the pilot? "They told me they had to make sure I wasn't carrying anything that would allow me to take over an airplane," the pilot told Sharkey.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/today/sky.htm

Hey! They stole that idea from Mayor Daley! That's EXACTLY what we have to go through when landing at an airport in Chicago.

At Meigs, I had to remove my Leatherman in fear it would be taken from me.

LOL Yea, Meigs was the only place where I had to have my own luggage searched before I could put it into my own plane.

I could have had a nuke bomb in the plane when I landed & they never would have known because they never searched the plane, but I couldn't sneek a bomb onto my plane while at Meigs

Daily sings......... "If I only had a brain" :)

Brings to mind that case a few years ago when the airline captain's nail clippers were confiscated by TSA (Florida? Tampa?) Apparently he made a comment to the effect that as the pilot he didn't need nail clippers but would simply crash the plane if he ever wanted to do anything. He got arrested for uttering threats.

Anybody know the eventual outcome?

P.S. Made it to triple digits!!! 100 posts!

Back