The Truth is Coming Out!

K

KennyFlys

Watch through to the end... You'll see the real truth about military performance and how each branch is appropriately suited to kick your @$$!

Sorry, it requires Power Point.

http://webpages.charter.net/kenlane/Military_Service.pps

Edit: Thanks Chuck. I did this in haste this morning after I got the file from a... well, a Marine. :)

Naturally, I was impressed by that smooth coordination demonstrated at the end which John has pointed out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved back to Hangar Talk because the moderator didn't have enough coffee to read the contents correctly earlier...

The Air Force slides depict some intensive training exercises that build the hand-eye coordination and deep levels of concentration needed to deliver those smart bombs.

If the Air Force built an aircraft carrier, it would look like this.... :D

Attachments

• Air Force Ship.jpg
    Air Force Ship.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 21
LOL...that was funny!

But I do have a question? Why does the NAVY have so many airplanes? I am one that actually believes that a massive change needs to happen in our Armed Forces, where we have ONE branch, the Armed Forces, though you may be assigned/request certain jobs/locations.

It just seems funny to me to see things so polarized/split amongst our branches.

LOL...that was funny!

But I do have a question? Why does the NAVY have so many airplanes? I am one that actually believes that a massive change needs to happen in our Armed Forces, where we have ONE branch, the Armed Forces, though you may be assigned/request certain jobs/locations.

It just seems funny to me to see things so polarized/split amongst our branches.

LOL...that was funny!

Tom, are you cheating the post count by these "accidental double posts"? :)

In explaining your answer, I risk turning this into a political post. I hope not if it stops at this or it's considered something of historical value and non-political.

The US Constitution specifies a Navy. In Article One, Section Eight, it specifies:

"Congress shall have power to..."

"To provide and maintain a Navy;"; and,

"To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;".

Later, in Article Two, Section Two, it states:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States;"

So, it's pretty clear the Army and Navy are Constitutional mandates. The Marines are considered part of the Navy even though their ego goes far to defend this. :)

The Air Force was separated unto itself from the Army when it was the Army Air Force Service. Of course, they've become invaluable in maintaining superb golf courses. :goofy:

The original "Continental Army" was created on June 14, 1775. The "Continental Marines" were commissioned on November 10, 1775. From what I've read, the Marines were established to be a combative force of the Navy which had been commissioned on October 13, 1775.

I keep hearing the Marines are the oldest branch of the United States but the dates above indicate differently. :dunno:

When Patch and Bull see that they're going to want to club someone with a 9 iron. :D :D :D

Back