The Trinidad is home!!!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Finally.....from annual. You can't imagine the relief with Gaston's only a few days away.

It was finally scheduled to be picked up this weekend from FL. I left for the farm at noon Friday, blissfully unaware that the stinkin' Barry storm was stirring up trouble. When I saw the news Saturday morning.....well I wasn't happy. But the owner made a mad dash on Saturday for home......got a whole lot wet on the way....but the plane is now safely parked at JYO.

Had a DA40 reserved just in case, but I'm not checked out in it. Would've been a lot of stress getting checked out, learning a Garmin vs the Bendix, and getting proficient enough for a long x-ctry with a pax in 3-4 days.

Now all I have to do is get re-acquaiinted, do an IPC, and just diddy-bop around until it's time to head to Gaston's.

WooHoo!!!!!

Kaye

Finally.....from annual. You can't imagine the relief with Gaston's only a few days away.
WooHoo!!!!!

Yay!!!! Now, if you guys arrive in this part of the country on Thursday, I hope you'll stay at the farm. We can run to town to get you...it's only 5 miles away.

Glad it's back - have a safe trip out west, Kaye. Hmm... I might get checked out in the DA 40 before you do then - I may go up on Sunday.

It was finally scheduled to be picked up this weekend from FL. I left for the farm at noon Friday, blissfully unaware that the stinkin' Barry storm was stirring up trouble. When I saw the news Saturday morning.....well I wasn't happy. But the owner made a mad dash on Saturday for home......got a whole lot wet on the way....but the plane is now safely parked at JYO.

Had a DA40 reserved just in case, but I'm not checked out in it. Would've been a lot of stress getting checked out, learning a Garmin vs the Bendix, and getting proficient enough for a long x-ctry with a pax in 3-4 days.

Now all I have to do is get re-acquaiinted, do an IPC, and just diddy-bop around until it's time to head to Gaston's.

WooHoo!!!!!

Kaye
Glad you got your bird back. Have a good trip west...

Yeah, Barry was a little bit of a bastard - Flew to Decatur, AL today. Can you guess where I had to deviate around a thunderstorm?

Attachments

• Decatur Trip.bmp
    469.8 KB · Views: 29
Back